The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grammar Errors

+66
brandon_g
Take Notes
ddoesmc
countryuk
whitestone
Ramdaman
panoss
#Frank
Mariofan13
Ivo94
runawayhorses
Akkii
Sir Chivas™
roberts1223
petros_7
RadioHead
Cliff Jones
Silver<3
Shadow
Rog360
lenorestevray678
Devan
Derri
Tom2794
BoraO
Zerotheheroe
MHerushingu
Vanilla990
SLGray
Jarmo
aRt)Y
BryanR
Sonny5x5
Mio-chan
MISA
FL.ux
LostLegend
Ryanette
blindbat1457
Latinosvet
sgeorge
-=noke23=-
Legolover-361
rosnazli silent
NeverGiveUpForever
!_NICK_!
xtremefatloss
Jophy
The Godfather
armaankx
Susan1814
Empire_1
Xyth
Darren1
hoodedwarbler12
Xanthis
mario-182
LGforum
mgt98
Mehtevas
Russel
jimmyc
Base
Mike
lisa1302
MrMario
70 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

image - Grammar Errors - Page 2 Empty Grammar Errors

Post by MrMario May 29th 2011, 7:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Do you see a grammar error or miss spelling? Post the original piece along with the correct version.

To ensure that its being looked at and to help locate this issue, please provide a screenshot and the location.

Example:

Admin Panel >> General >> Configuration

As of right now, this topic will only support English languages. Once we have more translators, the language will be added to the list. Not all translations will be updated right away as it will be reviewed before going public to ensure the updated version is correct.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by MrMario on January 24th 2013, 12:50 am; edited 4 times in total
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

image - Grammar Errors - Page 2 Empty Re: Grammar Errors

Post by Guest July 4th 2011, 6:17 am

My apologies for the double post but, once again, this wouldn't notify anyone if I edited my post, and this is kind of important.

Coming back to the chatbox issue, these are the current lines you get when logging in and off.

MEMBER has joined the chat on DATE, TIME
MEMBER is Disconnected on DATE, TIME

Not sure why 'Disconnected' is capitalized, but anyhow. This goes for anyone who would like to share a comment about it: don't you think it'd be better if both lines used the 'log' verb, as follows?

MEMBER has logged into the chat on DATE, TIME
MEMBER has logged off the chat on DATE, TIME

I know it's a small change, but a valuable one. Do you agree? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by mario-182 July 4th 2011, 6:40 am

2bad4u wrote:@mario-182: I think this format would be a lot better.

Hello USERNAME,

You are receiving this e-mail because you are watching the topic TOPIC_NAME at FORUM_NAME, which has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to go straight to the reply. No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

TOPIC_URL#POST

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic" link located at the bottom of the topic or click the following link:

TOPIC_URL?unwatch=topic

--
FORUM_NAME

- No quotation marks were needed.
- The action of receiving an e-mail is happening right now, no need to use the past.
- There was no need to repeat "this topic". Using the "which" relative clause solved that.
- "To view the newly posted reply" didn't sound that good.
- The last sentence needed to have both verbs in the same tense.

You agree? Smile
Haha well, I don't disagree
I like your suggestions; to be honest I only quickly built on the current template and focused on the technical correctness rather than absolute correctness. I didn't really have the time to focus on the template as a whole
mario-182

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthis July 6th 2011, 5:06 am

2bad4u wrote:My apologies for the double post but, once again, this wouldn't notify anyone if I edited my post, and this is kind of important.

Coming back to the chatbox issue, these are the current lines you get when logging in and off.

MEMBER has joined the chat on DATE, TIME
MEMBER is Disconnected on DATE, TIME

Not sure why 'Disconnected' is capitalized, but anyhow. This goes for anyone who would like to share a comment about it: don't you think it'd be better if both lines used the 'log' verb, as follows?

MEMBER has logged off the chat on DATE, TIME

I know it's a small change, but a valuable one. Do you agree? :D

I agree with the above.

I also have my own corrections. In javascript codes management:

The admin control panel wrote:Through this section, you can easily manage the javascript code you wish to add on your forum pages.

Warning : This section is intended for expert users. Be carefull, your javascript code must be functional when publicated. In fact, we optimize your code in order to improve your forum pages loading time?.
Xanthis
Xanthis
Forumember

Male Posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by hoodedwarbler12 July 6th 2011, 3:29 pm

Located at forum url/donate.forum
With your contribution for forum url, you accept to credit points to the account of this forum and you allow its administrator to use them as he wishes.

Should be:
With your contribution to forum url, you agree to credit points to the administration of this forum and allow its administrator to use them as he wishes.

Last edited by hoodedwarbler12 on July 7th 2011, 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
hoodedwarbler12
hoodedwarbler12
Forumember

Male Posts : 521
Language : English, Latin, HTML, JavaScript

http://www.webkinznation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 7th 2011, 4:46 am

@Xanthis If you are going to help please add the corrections instead of highlighting words. Makes my job easier.

Corrections made! Smile

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 7th 2011, 1:53 pm

Hey Mario, feel like working hard, Ive got a fair few corrections that I've previously reported tongue
Enjoy!

Profile > Preferences > "See my profile" should be "View my profile"
Profile > Avatar: Upload an Avatar from an URL should be: Upload an Avatar from a URL : (So there's no "n" in the correction) it's a grammar error Razz
Profile > Friends & foes > pending requests (In the line in the center)
No request pending should be No pending requests
Profile > Favourites > 0 favourite should be 0 favourite(s)
I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling of favs, I'm horrid at spelling it Razz
----------------------

Admin panel >> Display.
The text that just displays straight away

This tab covers all of pictures and colors on your forum. You can change your theme, change pictures and colors, change the navigation bar and generalities; you can also edit the avatar and emotion galleries.
Should be:
This tab covers all of pictures and colors on your forum. You can change your theme, pictures, colors, the navigation bar and other images, You also have the ability to edit the Avatar and Emoticon galleries.

Note: If you have the word "Emoticon" here, you should technically change the menu on the left (Under avatars") from "Smilies" to "Emoticon's" tongue

Display > Choose a theme > Version
The immediate text:
You can change at anytime from a forum version to another.
Should be: (Complete re-write)
You can change your forum version at any time without affecting your statistics

Display > Structure and hierarchy
The immediate text: The information below will allow you to customize topics and the categories hierarchy on the forum homepage.

Display > Colours > CSS Tab > Immediate text
See your forum's basic CSS

Display > Avatars > Smilies > Immediate text:
From this page you can add, remove and modify the emoticons or Smilies that your users can use in their posts and private messages. =>

should be:

From this page you can add, remove and modify the Emoticons or Smilies that your users can use in their posts and Private Messages. (NO "=>" either)

Whilst your on this page, the default text for ":Pirat:" should be changed to ":Pirate:"

Admin panel >> General/forum > Misc* > The text "Check it to ..." on both options should be just "Check to... "

General > Categories & Forums > Immediate etxt
From this panel you can create, reorganize the categories and forums.
should be
From this panel you can create, delete and reorganize the categories and forums.

> Forum permission control
The option" General :" should be Overall

General > Forum Promotion > "Additional tags"
"Other meta tags" should be "Meta Tags"

=> During the creation of the meta tag option
Add Type => "Create a "meta" tag type" should be: simple "Meta Tag"

> Traffic exchange > The supposed 3 line block
1 - will only appear similar topics on subjects open to guests.
2 - If you do not see similar topics, this means that the module can not find any similar topics for your subject. 3 - Whenever you change the options on the traffic exchange, the statistics table will be reset.

should be
1 - Will only appear similar topics on subjects open to guests.
2 - If you do not see any similar topics, it means that the module can not find any similar topics for the subject. part 3 sent to new line
3 - Whenever you change the options on the traffic exchange, the statistics table will be reset.

General > Reports > Reports Management > Single line of text
Here you can manage the reasons users can select while reporting a post.
Should be
Here you can manage the reason(s) a user can select while reporting a post.

General > Additional rules > Block of text
Add your rules to the forum rules
should be
Add your own additional set of rules to the registration page

Well, I think this is enough, don't you rambo
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2011, 9:50 pm

I was going through the pics management and i saw this

image - Grammar Errors - Page 2 T187jbagw2y4m42zqtcc

my forum is in english and " Αριστερά " is in greek.

My forum version is invision(if that matters)

The actual word should be Left

I hope this info helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 8:39 pm

@ Xanthis: I think this would be OK for the javascript files management description. Smile

Through this section, you can easily manage the javascript files you want to add on your forum pages.

Warning : This section is intended for expert users. Be careful, your javascript code must be functional when published. In effect, we compress the code in order to improve your forum pages loading time.

I think that'd be more adequate. The file is compressed once it's published, just like the CSS one, and that's why it has to be properly written so that the compression can be done without problems.

@ MrMario: This one is from Actions ! > Send to a friend, or [forum]/tell_friend.forum

This message will be sent as plain text, so do not include any HTML or BBCode. The return address for this message will be set to your e-mail address.

It should be,

This message will be sent as plain text, so do not include any HTML or BBCode. The reply to this message will be sent to your e-mail address.

Not sure what the return address is, but I'm guessing it's the reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 9:02 pm

Oh, by the way, I see some of the modifications have been made. Awesome! Very Happy

There's just one little problem. When someone logs into the chat, it says:

MEMBER has logged into the on DATE, TIME

"Chat" is missing there, this should be:

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyth July 13th 2011, 11:07 pm

As an idea - why can't the Grammar Team give us one master file (or a language template file) with all the English text that Forumotion uses, so that we can all look at it, check the grammar for mistakes, and write our corrections on it, and then send it back to you as one big file of corrections?

It would be more thorough and systematic. Posting errors when we see them is not the best way.
We love Forumotion, but silly translation errors make it look bad and unprofessional - we want to help the best way we can!
--
Xyth
Xyth

Language : British English

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 16th 2011, 7:26 am

Another one Mario Razz

javascript management > Submit.

Clic here to go back to Javascript'codes administration.

Should be

Click here to go back to Javascript code administration.

Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 16th 2011, 7:47 am

I'm really not even suppose to login till at least Monday, but came in and to check somethings out. I will be updating the corrections when I get back. Smile

Xyth I have access to all the files on the English side and only certain people can have access to see them all. If you would like to translate you will need to send me a PM and I'll be able to tell what required. Also because this is a French company the employee's aren't that great a English, so that is why there is many errors and the translations really wasn't being watched before I took over.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2011, 11:21 am

MrMario: Can i help to translate the english in the swedish language pack to swedish?
Sorry for off-topic, but i can't send private messages to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 17th 2011, 2:52 am

Mathias: You can send me a PM on late Monday or Tuesday.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 18th 2011, 6:06 pm

Sent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 18th 2011, 8:47 pm

When you click the "Mark all topics read" on the top right part of a section (e.g. https://help.forumotion.com/f3-need-of-a-technician), you're shown this message:

The topics for this forum have now been marked read

This has to be.

The topics of this forum have now been marked read

Actions ! should be Actions (why do you need an exclamation mark, anyway?).

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 19th 2011, 12:36 am

Note: If you have the word "Emoticon" here, you should technically change the menu on the left (Under avatars") from "Smilies" to "Emoticon's"

What do you mean?

Not seeing this.

Where is this?

Everything else has been updated.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2011, 12:46 am

MrMario wrote:
Note: If you have the word "Emoticon" here, you should technically change the menu on the left (Under avatars") from "Smilies" to "Emoticon's"

What do you mean?
He's talking about the left panel in AP > Display. By the way, it should be Emoticons and not Emoticon's.

MrMario wrote:
Where is this?
At the top of this topic, right next to "Share", and in any sub forum (check "Need of a technician?", for example), right next to "Mark all topics read".

Thanks for updating the rest. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2011, 12:52 am

Actually, it seems like "Actions !" is found in this file:

https://illiweb.com/rs3/20/frm/lang/notutf8-en.js

Code:
function insert_plus_menu(search_where,session_id,add_favourite){var favourite='';session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');if(add_favourite){favourite=search_where.replace(new RegExp("f([0-9]*)(&|&amp;)t=([0-9]*)","g"),'$3');url_favourite=window.url_favourite||('/search.forum?search_id=favouritesearch&amp;add_favourite='+favourite+session_id);favourite='<a href="'+url_favourite+'">Add to your favourites</a><br />'}search_where='&amp;search_where='+search_where;url_newposts=window.url_newposts||('/search.forum?search_id=newposts'+search_where+session_id);url_egosearch=window.url_egosearch||('/search.forum?search_id=egosearch'+search_where+session_id);url_unanswered=window.url_unanswered||('/search.forum?search_id=unanswered'+search_where+session_id);url_watchsearch=window.url_watchsearch||('/search.forum?search_id=watchsearch'+search_where+session_id);url_tellfriend=window.url_tellfriend||('/tell_friend.forum?f='+search_where+session_id);document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;margin-top:8px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="200"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions !</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="'+url_newposts+'">View posts since last visit</a><br /><a href="'+url_egosearch+'">View your posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_unanswered+'">View unanswered posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_watchsearch+'">Topic(s) being watched</a><hr>'+favourite+'<a href="'+url_tellfriend+'">Send to a friend</a><br /><a href="'+self.location.href+'" onclick="link_bbcode();return false">Copy BBCode URL</a><br /><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.print();return false">Print this page</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_menu_new(search_where,session_id,add_favourite,watch_topic){var watch='';if(watch_topic){watch=watch_topic+'<br />'}var favourite='';session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');if(add_favourite){favourite=search_where.replace(new RegExp("f([0-9]*)(&|&amp;)t=([0-9]*)","g"),'$3');url_favourite=window.url_favourite||('/search.forum?search_id=favouritesearch&amp;add_favourite='+favourite+session_id);favourite='<a href="'+url_favourite+'">Add to your favourites</a><br />'}search_where='&amp;search_where='+search_where;url_newposts=window.url_newposts||('/search.forum?search_id=newposts'+search_where+session_id);url_egosearch=window.url_egosearch||('/search.forum?search_id=egosearch'+search_where+session_id);url_unanswered=window.url_unanswered||('/search.forum?search_id=unanswered'+search_where+session_id);url_watchsearch=window.url_watchsearch||('/search.forum?search_id=watchsearch'+search_where+session_id);url_tellfriend=window.url_tellfriend||('/tell_friend.forum?f='+search_where+session_id);document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;width:400px;margin-top:8px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2"><strong>Actions !</strong></p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="'+url_newposts+'">View posts since last visit</a><br /><a href="'+url_egosearch+'">View your posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_unanswered+'">View unanswered posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_watchsearch+'">Topic(s) being watched</a></strong></p><hr class="dashed" /><p class="left-overview"><strong>'+watch+favourite+'<a href="'+url_tellfriend+'">Send to a friend</a><br /><a href="'+self.location.href+'" onclick="link_bbcode();return false">Copy BBCode URL</a><br /><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.print();return false">Print this page</a></strong></p></div>')}function insert_plus_album(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:100px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions !</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="/tell_friend.forum?album='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_album_new(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;margin: 8px 20px 0px 0px;position:absolute;right:20px;width:200px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2">Actions !</p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="/tell_friend.forum?album='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></strong></p></div>')}function insert_plus_pic(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:100px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions !</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="/tell_friend.forum?pic='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_pic_new(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:20px;margin-top:20px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2">Actions !</p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="/tell_friend.forum?pic='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></strong></p></div>')}

All of those "Actions !" should be Actions, so, this would be the correct part of the script.

Code:
function insert_plus_menu(search_where,session_id,add_favourite){var favourite='';session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');if(add_favourite){favourite=search_where.replace(new RegExp("f([0-9]*)(&|&amp;)t=([0-9]*)","g"),'$3');url_favourite=window.url_favourite||('/search.forum?search_id=favouritesearch&amp;add_favourite='+favourite+session_id);favourite='<a href="'+url_favourite+'">Add to your favourites</a><br />'}search_where='&amp;search_where='+search_where;url_newposts=window.url_newposts||('/search.forum?search_id=newposts'+search_where+session_id);url_egosearch=window.url_egosearch||('/search.forum?search_id=egosearch'+search_where+session_id);url_unanswered=window.url_unanswered||('/search.forum?search_id=unanswered'+search_where+session_id);url_watchsearch=window.url_watchsearch||('/search.forum?search_id=watchsearch'+search_where+session_id);url_tellfriend=window.url_tellfriend||('/tell_friend.forum?f='+search_where+session_id);document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;margin-top:8px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="200"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="'+url_newposts+'">View posts since last visit</a><br /><a href="'+url_egosearch+'">View your posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_unanswered+'">View unanswered posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_watchsearch+'">Topic(s) being watched</a><hr>'+favourite+'<a href="'+url_tellfriend+'">Send to a friend</a><br /><a href="'+self.location.href+'" onclick="link_bbcode();return false">Copy BBCode URL</a><br /><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.print();return false">Print this page</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_menu_new(search_where,session_id,add_favourite,watch_topic){var watch='';if(watch_topic){watch=watch_topic+'<br />'}var favourite='';session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');if(add_favourite){favourite=search_where.replace(new RegExp("f([0-9]*)(&|&amp;)t=([0-9]*)","g"),'$3');url_favourite=window.url_favourite||('/search.forum?search_id=favouritesearch&amp;add_favourite='+favourite+session_id);favourite='<a href="'+url_favourite+'">Add to your favourites</a><br />'}search_where='&amp;search_where='+search_where;url_newposts=window.url_newposts||('/search.forum?search_id=newposts'+search_where+session_id);url_egosearch=window.url_egosearch||('/search.forum?search_id=egosearch'+search_where+session_id);url_unanswered=window.url_unanswered||('/search.forum?search_id=unanswered'+search_where+session_id);url_watchsearch=window.url_watchsearch||('/search.forum?search_id=watchsearch'+search_where+session_id);url_tellfriend=window.url_tellfriend||('/tell_friend.forum?f='+search_where+session_id);document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;width:400px;margin-top:8px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2"><strong>Actions</strong></p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="'+url_newposts+'">View posts since last visit</a><br /><a href="'+url_egosearch+'">View your posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_unanswered+'">View unanswered posts</a><br /><a href="'+url_watchsearch+'">Topic(s) being watched</a></strong></p><hr class="dashed" /><p class="left-overview"><strong>'+watch+favourite+'<a href="'+url_tellfriend+'">Send to a friend</a><br /><a href="'+self.location.href+'" onclick="link_bbcode();return false">Copy BBCode URL</a><br /><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.print();return false">Print this page</a></strong></p></div>')}function insert_plus_album(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:100px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="/tell_friend.forum?album='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_album_new(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions !</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;margin: 8px 20px 0px 0px;position:absolute;right:20px;width:200px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2">Actions</p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="/tell_friend.forum?album='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></strong></p></div>')}function insert_plus_pic(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions</a><br /><div id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:100px;z-index:1;"><table class="forumline" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><th class="thHead">Actions</th></tr><tr><td class="row1" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall"><b><a href="/tell_friend.forum?pic='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></b></span></td></tr></table></div>')}function insert_plus_pic_new(search_where,session_id){session_id=(session_id?'&amp;sid='+session_id:'');document.write('<a href="javascript:showhide(document.getElementById(\'plus_menu\'))">Actions</a><br /><div class="overview row3" id="plus_menu" style="display:none;position:absolute;right:20px;margin-top:20px;z-index:1;"><p class="title-overview row2">Actions</p><p class="left-overview"><strong><a href="/tell_friend.forum?pic='+search_where+session_id+'">Send to a friend</a></strong></p></div>')}

I don't know if you have access to edit that files through FTP, though. :|

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 19th 2011, 8:29 am

Just wondering Mario, are you able to edit the ToS, or only people higher up?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 19th 2011, 6:51 pm

@2bad4u I found them now. I'll do the updates later today.
@Darren Looks like I do. Smile
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 July 19th 2011, 7:32 pm

Darren1 wrote:Hey Mario, feel like working hard, Ive got a fair few corrections that I've previously reported tongue
Enjoy!

Profile > Preferences > "See my profile" should be "View my profile"
Profile > Avatar: Upload an Avatar from an URL should be: Upload an Avatar from a URL : (So there's no "n" in the correction) it's a grammar error Razz
Profile > Friends & foes > pending requests (In the line in the center)
No request pending should be No pending requests
Profile > Favourites > 0 favourite should be 0 favourite(s)
I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling of favs, I'm horrid at spelling it Razz
----------------------

Admin panel >> Display.
The text that just displays straight away

This tab covers all of pictures and colors on your forum. You can change your theme, change pictures and colors, change the navigation bar and generalities; you can also edit the avatar and emotion galleries.
Should be:
This tab covers all of pictures and colors on your forum. You can change your theme, pictures, colors, the navigation bar and other images, You also have the ability to edit the Avatar and Emoticon galleries.

Note: If you have the word "Emoticon" here, you should technically change the menu on the left (Under avatars") from "Smilies" to "Emoticon's" tongue

Display > Choose a theme > Version
The immediate text:
You can change at anytime from a forum version to another.
Should be: (Complete re-write)
You can change your forum version at any time without affecting your statistics

Display > Structure and hierarchy
The immediate text: The information below will allow you to customize topics and the categories hierarchy on the forum homepage.

Display > Colours > CSS Tab > Immediate text
See your forum's basic CSS

Display > Avatars > Smilies > Immediate text:
From this page you can add, remove and modify the emoticons or Smilies that your users can use in their posts and private messages. =>

should be:

From this page you can add, remove and modify the Emoticons or Smilies that your users can use in their posts and Private Messages. (NO "=>" either)

Whilst your on this page, the default text for ":Pirat:" should be changed to ":Pirate:"

Admin panel >> General/forum > Misc* > The text "Check it to ..." on both options should be just "Check to... "

General > Categories & Forums > Immediate etxt
From this panel you can create, reorganize the categories and forums.
should be
From this panel you can create, delete and reorganize the categories and forums.

General > Forum Promotion > "Additional tags"
"Other meta tags" should be "Meta Tags"

=> During the creation of the meta tag option
Add Type => "Create a "meta" tag type" should be: simple "Meta Tag"

> Traffic exchange > The supposed 3 line block
1 - will only appear similar topics on subjects open to guests.
2 - If you do not see similar topics, this means that the module can not find any similar topics for your subject. 3 - Whenever you change the options on the traffic exchange, the statistics table will be reset.

should be
1 - Will only appear similar topics on subjects open to guests.
2 - If you do not see any similar topics, it means that the module can not find any similar topics for the subject. part 3 sent to new line
3 - Whenever you change the options on the traffic exchange, the statistics table will be reset.

General > Reports > Reports Management > Single line of text
Here you can manage the reasons users can select while reporting a post.
Should be
Here you can manage the reason(s) a user can select while reporting a post.

General > Additional rules > Block of text
Add your rules to the forum rules
should be
Add your own additional set of rules to the registration page

Well, I think this is enough, don't you rambo

Actually, "Favourites," should be "Favorites" Razz
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2011, 11:15 pm

@ The Divine Clutch: Actually, both Favourites and Favorites are correct. Favourites is British and Favorites is American (just like Centre and Center, for instance). No need to change it.

Hey, MrMario, what's up with the 's? The profiles now say:

Admin visitor messages
Send a new message on Admin profile

Under the stats tab. This should be (once again):

Admin's visitor messages
Send a new message on Admin's profile

"Admin" is just a random username, obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 20th 2011, 4:10 am

Divine clutch, I'm actually an Australian, thus the way I spell "Color" is "Colour" - it's more unique and how it should be in my opinion Razz

Mario, time to be astounded by more mistakes
ACP > General > Forum address > Personal domain
Hôte Should be Host

In our good old friend the Terms Of Service clown

Responsibilities

From the user: The user of the site is held responsible of any damage of any kinds, material or immaterial, indirect, caused to any third-party, including Forumotion.com, by the fact of the illicit use or exploitation of the site itself or one of its elements, whatever the cause and the location of the damages, and guarantees Forumotion.com from the consequences of the complaints or legal action he might be faced to.
The user of Forumotion.com renounces to take any legal action against Forumotion.com in case of legal proceeding taken by a third-party against him by the fact of the illicit use, and/or the exploitation of the site of Forumotion.com.

Responsibility of the login and the password
When you register, you will receive a password and a login. You are responsible of keeping the confidentiality of the password and the login, and you are as well entirely responsible of any activity done under your password or login. You have to inform Forumotion.com immediately if an unauthorized use of your password, account or any other security infringement doneis has occurred. You have to make sure that you disconnect from your account at the end of each session. Forumotion.com cannot, and will not be held responsible of any loss or damage which results from a breach in these conditions.

Responsibility of contents
You acknowledge and convene that any information, code, data, text, software, music, sound, photograph, picture, graphics, video, chat, messages, feature, or any other content, if transmitted publicly or in private, are the only responsibility of the person from whom the content comes from.. This means that you are, and in any case, entirely responsible of any content that you upload/download, post, send by e-mail or transmitted by any other way, than via the services. In none no circumstance, Forumotion.com will be held responsible in any way or any content from a user or from a third-party, including but not limited, for to, any mistake or omission in these contents, or for any loss or damage of this any kind, by the fact of the use of these contents noticed and, sent by e-mail or transmitted in any way via the services.

Data and security
Everything is done to avoid any slowdown or unexpected downtime of the services, but it is not possible to guarantee these slowdowns, or to foresee any downtime. None No network or server problem or any other breakdown can be covered under any warranty. None No repayment of any kindcan be considered for any break or stop of the services, damage or data loss. Several systems have been set up to ensure a the security of the content. Thus, a backup of the whole data is done everyday. But for any reason, none no individual backup or sql SQL dump, or database will be provided. Please do take good note that for any evoked reasons, no precise safeguard of a forum, dump, backup of the data will be provided. However, the administrator of the forum has at his disposal, a tool which allows him to use these backups in order to restore his board, such as it was at a previous date.

Would it be OK to bold the sentence hat states that there will be no release of the SQL Dump, or DBB?

Use of your personal data
By using this sidesite, you consent that the site uses the personal data which concerns you, and that you have transmittedprovided. This data is necessary so we can send you newsletters for example, and to permit you to benefit of some services offered by this site.
You benefit of the right to access, to the correction or the opposition concerning the registered collected informations (<--- Im not 100% certain if this is correct, but am going to leave it for now) data of your concern. This right can be exerted by sending us a[/color=red]n[/color] e-mail or by standard mail to the company, by contacting us on the relevant Support Forum

We are likely to share non-personal information in collective form with third parties.

When we do appeal to third parties in the processing of your personal informations No S here, we ensure that they respect our rules of Confidentiality as well as any appropriated No D hereconfidentiality or and security measures.

We might transmit information to third parties in precise circumstances, in particular among others, requests from public authorities, in order to prevent frauds No S here or imminent damages, but also to ensure the security of our network and services.

You can also refuse to provide us personal information and / or refuse the cookies in your browser. However, this might disrupt the functioning of some services or features.

With a simple request, you can access to your personal informations, to correct or erase them in case of mistake[color], via the relevant support forum[/color]

Illicit contents
Forums that does contain, welcome or promote warez, piracy, hacking, cracking, spamming, attacks against networks or servers, pornography, racial hatred, crimes against humanity, inappropriate activities on the servers, or any other actions which violate any applicable laws, aren't allowed. Any forum which contains texts, links, pictures, animations, videos or any other content recognized as iI(needed a capitol)llegal will be deleted without notice or warning. Forumotion.com reserves the right to delete any accounts or forums considered like (no like here)not conform to the rules quoted here or specified in Forumotion.com or in the international website rules according to the international internet law(Can u bold this too?).. Any iI(needed a capitol)llegal content or act can or would and will be reported to the concerned services and prosecuted.

Limitations of the services

Forumotion.com is a site entirely free.entirely free site. We strive to offer quality service. We ask that you do not remove the copyright information and footer set up on your forums through means other than the one provided, namely via the credits management.
Also, it is It is also forbidden to remove or hide the sponsored links through any means other than the one provided, namely the credits management. We provide a quality service completely free and are always looking to improve it to meet your expectations. For these reasons, we ask that you respect our terms.

Respect of the copyrights and brands
NoneNo "ne" here right or license could be allotted on any of these elements without any written permission from the company or the third party who holds rights on the brand or logo which appear on the site. The company reserves the right to prosecute any patent infringement of his ownership, in front of a law court court of law.

that pretty much does it for our ToS, so u can now relax Mario... Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 20th 2011, 6:31 am

Darren: Fixed everything, but one thing.

Forums that does contain, welcome or promote warez, piracy, hacking, cracking, spamming, attacks against networks or servers, pornography, racial hatred, crimes against humanity, inappropriate activities on the servers, or any other actions which violate any applicable laws, aren't allowed.

What did you want me to do with does?

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 20th 2011, 7:12 am

Whoops. >!<

Does is removed, and contain is it's replacement.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 3:25 am

ACP>Credits Management>Spend Credits

Current wording is: You can modify here the entire elements that improve the services brought by this forum to its users.

That's gibberish. This sounds better: Please select an area where you would like to enhance your forum:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 21st 2011, 5:12 am

Thanks dion.

Last edited by MrMario on July 21st 2011, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 July 21st 2011, 5:23 am

Darren1 wrote:Divine clutch, I'm actually an Australian, thus the way I spell "Color" is "Colour" - it's more unique and how it should be in my opinion Razz

Haha yeah, the U.S. is the only country to spell "humour, litre, colour, favourite, etc." as "humor, liter, color, and favorite." Stinks for us doesn't it? Razz
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 23rd 2011, 2:00 pm

Yea it does Razz

Mario, whats the chances you can pass up a URL spelling mistake that no-one notices?
I'm certain you wouldn't be able to change a URL directly Razz
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next