The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

"Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 2nd 2011, 1:09 pm

I add pictures to my posts by embedding them from Photobucket. I have activated the resize function so all images are scaled down to 560 px width, and this works perfectly. BUT, when I want to see really large pictures in full size by clicking on the "Click to see full size" the pictures are opened in a new window but everything cannot be seen. Parts of the picture will still be cropped. To see them in full size I have to use my browsers function to see they directly at the server where they are stored.

Can this be fixed? If not I want to remove the "Click to see full size" link so my members don't get annoyed with the flaw in this function.


Last edited by Soulmonster on June 18th 2011, 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 6th 2011, 9:27 pm

Is it possible to get a comment from the admins/techs/mods on this?

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 6th 2011, 9:54 pm

Rideem3 wrote:I believe it depends on your forum's width as well.

I have set it to 85 %.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 6th 2011, 10:52 pm

Rideem3 wrote:It might need to be bigger. Or the image may need to be smaller.

I changed to width = 100 % and I can still not see the whole image when clicking to see the full size. It just seems that this function only works on pics below a certain size, and that is not good. If so it should be possible to remove this link so members don't get confused/frustrated when they still don't see the full pictures after clicking the link.

I might add that width of the picture in question is 1599 px.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Darren1 on June 7th 2011, 12:33 pm

Hi,

this does sound like one hell of a bug, could you please provide the URL that is being used withing code tags please
Code:
[code]Insert URL Over this text[/code]

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 7th 2011, 1:05 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

this does sound like one hell of a bug, could you please provide the URL that is being used withing code tags please
Code:
[code]Insert URL Over this text[/code]

Just check it here:


Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Darren1 on June 8th 2011, 9:29 am

I forgot to say, when you click on "Click to see full size" - opening into a new tab/page is perfectly normal. It opens in a new tab/window, pending what your browser specific setting are Wink

Thanks for that; it seems to scale down for me at my presets Rolling Eyes

Whats your forum version, chucking in a css code should over ride it if I can find the necessary code Smile

Otherwise, it's a techie issue.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 8th 2011, 10:23 am

@Darren1 wrote:I forgot to say, when you click on "Click to see full size" - opening into a new tab/page is perfectly normal. It opens in a new tab/window, pending what your browser specific setting are Wink

Thanks for that; it seems to scale down for me at my presets Rolling Eyes

Whats your forum version, chucking in a css code should over ride it if I can find the necessary code Smile

Otherwise, it's a techie issue.

Just to make sure we understand each other: I see the scaled down version of the picture perfectly. It is when I click on "Click to see full size" that I can't see the whole picture. Basically the picture is larger than the screen. This is usually not a problem because scroll bars will fix that, but there is no scroll bars resulting in parts of the picture being clipped. On the picture below I have clicked "Click to see full size" but only about 60-70 % of the picture is visible (the left side), the remaining 20-30 % (right side) is clipped away. And with no scroll bars there is no way for me to see the whole picture in great detail without choosing to open the picture outside of forumotion.



I run Firefox 4.0.1 and use phpBB3.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 15th 2011, 10:18 pm

So, is this a bug that will be fixed or what?

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Guest on June 15th 2011, 10:42 pm

Try this in your CSS:

Code:
#main-content > center {overflow: auto;}

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 16th 2011, 8:41 am

@dion wrote:Try this in your CSS:

Code:
#main-content > center {overflow: auto;}

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by llzzmm on June 16th 2011, 1:18 pm

Content Removed

llzzmm
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Guest on June 16th 2011, 6:35 pm

What's your board type? I tested the above code on a phpBB3 and Invision board. It should also work on a PunBB board. If you have a phpBB2 board, then I guess you're out of luck...in more ways than you know. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Gangstar15 on June 16th 2011, 6:36 pm

did you added any JavaScript? Smile
in your forum

Gangstar15
Forumember

Female Posts : 392
Reputation : 163

http://www.designdrops.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 17th 2011, 8:59 am

@dion wrote:What's your board type? I tested the above code on a phpBB3 and Invision board. It should also work on a PunBB board. If you have a phpBB2 board, then I guess you're out of luck...in more ways than you know. Very Happy

I use phpBB3.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 17th 2011, 9:00 am

@Gangstar15 wrote:did you added any JavaScript? Smile
in your forum

Are you asking if I have any javascripts enabled in my forum? No, I don't think so.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Fr0st on June 17th 2011, 9:09 am

try this css code
Code:
.resize_process .resizebox{display:inline}
    .resize_process img.resize_img{display:inline}
    .resizebox a.enlarge,.resizebox.enlarged a.resize,.resizebox.showfull a.fullsize{display:inline;zoom:1}.resizebox a.fullsize,.resizebox a.resize,.resizebox.enlarged a.enlarge{display:none}.resizebox{background-color:#fafafa;cursor:default;display:inline-block;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;line-height:1.1em;margin:0;max-width:100%;text-align:left}.resizebox div{font-style:normal;font-weight:400;margin:0}.resizebox .resize_border{border:1px solid #d1d7dc;display:block}.resizebox .resize_content{display:inline;padding:5px 10px;zoom:1}.resizebox .resize_filler{border:none;display:inline;padding:0;width:40px;zoom:1}


Last edited by Fr0st on June 17th 2011, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Fr0st
Forumember

Male Posts : 34
Reputation : 10
Language : Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 17th 2011, 9:13 am

@Fr0st wrote:try this code
Code:
.resize_process .resizebox{display:inline}
    .resize_process img.resize_img{display:inline}
    .resizebox a.enlarge,.resizebox.enlarged a.resize,.resizebox.showfull a.fullsize{display:inline;zoom:1}.resizebox a.fullsize,.resizebox a.resize,.resizebox.enlarged a.enlarge{display:none}.resizebox{background-color:#fafafa;cursor:default;display:inline-block;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;line-height:1.1em;margin:0;max-width:100%;text-align:left}.resizebox div{font-style:normal;font-weight:400;margin:0}.resizebox .resize_border{border:1px solid #d1d7dc;display:block}.resizebox .resize_content{display:inline;padding:5px 10px;zoom:1}.resizebox .resize_filler{border:none;display:inline;padding:0;width:40px;zoom:1}

Thanks for the suggestion, but, no, this didn't help either.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Fr0st on June 17th 2011, 9:28 am

try AdMin CP>General> Messages and e-mails> Config >Images resize :
choose your pic size

Fr0st
Forumember

Male Posts : 34
Reputation : 10
Language : Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 17th 2011, 9:40 am

@Fr0st wrote:try AMCP>General> Messages and e-mails> Config >Images resize :
choose your pic size

That would change the size of the pictures when scaled down, what I am struggling with is to be able to see the full size of pictures when I click the "Click to see full size" link.

Let me illustrate it with screen shots. The first screen shot below shows a post on my forum with an image scaled down. This works perfectly. Above the image are two options, one of them being "Click here to see fullsize." (with a red ring around it). This is a good option, because in some cases details in an image are not visible when scaled down, you want to be able to see the full size of the image. Unfortunately, if I click this option the full image is not seen, as shown on the second screen shot below. This is because the image is larger than the window, but there are no scroll bars either to compensate for this. In other words, this option only works on small pictures, it is buggy. If you want to see full version of large pictures you have to open the picture directly from the server that hosts it.




Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Guest on June 17th 2011, 8:43 pm

You know, instead of saying "doesn't help" all the time, how about providing the URL of a post on your board that has this problem. I bet the problem would be fixed very quickly if you did this.

Hey Sean: how about adding this as a rule when posting a support request? You know as well as I do that it's oftentimes difficult to help someone if one can't look at the problem. You already have a rule for topic titles...providing a URL to the problem is a LOT more important than a proper title!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 17th 2011, 9:09 pm

@dion wrote:You know, instead of saying "doesn't help" all the time, how about providing the URL of a post on your board that has this problem. I bet the problem would be fixed very quickly if you did this.

Hey Sean: how about adding this as a rule when posting a support request? You know as well as I do that it's oftentimes difficult to help someone if one can't look at the problem. You already have a rule for topic titles...providing a URL to the problem is a LOT more important than a proper title!

As long as it doesn't help I will be very clear at conveying this information. If you prefer to get an URL to the problem rather than provide suggestion that might not work and which will lead me to say it doesn't work, just say so Wink.

I could have given you the URL, but the images are at a restricted area of my forum, so instead I posted the same image here in this thread to illustrate the problem (when someone asked for the URL earlier). Just look at at this post further up: http://help.forumotion.com/t91204-click-to-see-full-size-doesn-t-work-on-very-large-pictures#589373

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Guest on June 18th 2011, 12:39 am

The CSS I provided above will fix the problem on THIS board, which is phpBB3. If it doesn't work on your board, it means you have a problem specific to your board.

Since you're unwilling to provide a URL that demonstrates the problem on your board, I'll let other people play this guessing game with you. I wish you luck in getting your problem solved.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 18th 2011, 6:51 am

@dion wrote:The CSS I provided above will fix the problem on THIS board, which is phpBB3. If it doesn't work on your board, it means you have a problem specific to your board.

Since you're unwilling to provide a URL that demonstrates the problem on your board, I'll let other people play this guessing game with you. I wish you luck in getting your problem solved.

It has nothing do to with being unwilling, but everything to do with giving you an example of the problem as quick as possible and that was to embed the same picture on this forum rather than start a new thread in an open section of my forum with the problem Wink. I never thought I could have a problem specific to my forum. And I didn't Smile. I tried your CSS code again, and lo and behold, now the pictures have scrollbars when I enlarge them.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Base on June 18th 2011, 10:54 am

Is this problem solved? The topic is marked as solved... please only do that if your problem is solved!

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Soulmonster on June 18th 2011, 11:04 am

@Base wrote:Is this problem solved? The topic is marked as solved... please only do that if your problem is solved!

It is solved.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 203
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Click to see full size" doesn't work on very large pictures

Post by Nera. on June 18th 2011, 1:52 pm

Solved ~ Locked

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum