The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Can someone please help me fix these things?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can someone please help me fix these things?

Post by DigitalCyanide on June 3rd 2011, 3:39 am

I had an older forum that Typlo helped me gain access into again because I forgot my password.
I am over hauling the forum and have hit a few walls. If anyone can please help me fix them I would be very grateful.

The first wall is this:

I asked about this one before, and was told this didn't exist. Well, as you can see, it does. This has to be activated to allow the spiders to access the forum ( or at least the pages you allow access too ). How do I actually DE-activate this?

Last edited by DigitalCyanide on June 3rd 2011, 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Can someone please help me fix these things?

Post by SLGray on June 3rd 2011, 4:36 am

I would like to know also if you can changes options for the first question.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can someone please help me fix these things?

Post by DigitalCyanide on June 3rd 2011, 5:23 am

I fixed two of the issues. I found where to edit the window background color or input text areas. I also figured how to edit so the new site name was there.

The spider issue is really irritating me. We keep being told you can't edit this. Yet in the other forum I own I was able too. I just don't remember how. There was and edit link.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but the bottom line is if the web spiders have no access to your forum/site they cannot add it to the search engines.
Let me explain a bit here:
Web spiders/crawlers are what search engines use now to add your site/forum to search engines. They need to have access. They need to gather at least a little information about your site. You need to have a few meta tags, and some areas that they have access too. If you submit your site/forum to say Google, and the forum does not allow the spiders, then your site will never get accepted into the Google engine. If the spiders are allowed to access a few areas and read them, then you will be accepted. If the option to allow the spiders has been removed then you will most likely never get your forum in the data base for search engines.
The spiders are essential to those of us that want our forum available to anyone who searches for it.
If you are concerned about security of these bots, make a small web page they can access. With your forum logo, and some details about the forum.
But it's crap if we are no longer allowed to have the right to choose whether to allow the bots/spiders or not. Only people with something to hide would not want the spiders.

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum