The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Imprisoning Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imprisoning Members

Post by Guest on June 7th 2011, 4:32 am

Hello,

I have a question for my forum, which is a phpBB2. I've looked all over this forum for the answer, as well as the faq, but couldn't find it. As such, if it is already answered somewhere and I am just wasting time, space, and effort due to horrid searching skills, I sincerely apologize.

So, here is what I want. If I have a member who has broken a serious rule and has already been warned for this, I want to able to take said member, place them in an area where they can be confronted by the ALL of the staff about their bad behavior in a civil, private manner.

Knowing this, I also don't want any other member that is not involved in this matter to be able to see this area and I don't want the rule-breaker to be able to post anywhere BUT this area.

My question is....Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your time!
Leah7

Back to top Go down

Re: Imprisoning Members

Post by Sanket on June 7th 2011, 6:14 am

Yes for that you will need to create a group & give it permissions to view that specific forum. Then add the user to the group.

Also make sure you don't give moderator access to the group.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 7th 2011, 6:40 am

@Sanket wrote:Yes for that you will need to create a group & give it permissions to view that specific forum. Then add the user to the group.

Also make sure you don't give moderator access to the group.

I have already tried this method, but it still allows the member to post in other areas. I do not want this to be possible, because as the member is a trouble maker, I do not believe they should be able to post in other forums until spoken with.

It will let me "allow access" to forums, but it won't let me deny access to forums, and that is my problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 7th 2011, 8:56 am

Check the group's permissions and the area's permissions. Make it where they can not reply to the section or start new topics.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35670

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 8th 2011, 3:53 am

slg wrote:Check the group's permissions and the area's permissions. Make it where they can not reply to the section or start new topics.

If you could tell me how to make it so that they cannot reply or start new topics, that would be great. That is what I'm wanting to do, but I cannot figure out how.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 8th 2011, 4:52 am

Administration Panel>>General>>Forum>>Categories and Forums

Scroll down the page until you see the section you are talking about. Press this image: to set up the permissions. Then check the boxes that you want each group to use.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35670

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum