The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Threat by another user on my forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Threat by another user on my forum?

Post by ktelyn on June 14th 2011, 2:09 am

Alright, well I had a user who I knew from another website wanting to become a moderator on my forum. Well, I let her apply and she fit all of the criteria; being active, online, etc. I also asked her how well she gets along with others, and she replied she gets along great with them.

I send this to all of my mods once they become one:

"Thank you for applying to be a moderator on the IMVU File Sales Forum. We are please to let you know that you will be one of our moderators!

Your duties as a moderator are as follows:
- Approve shops (once people are done setting them up)
- Answer questions from users (if you have a question about a question, then just contact me)
- Keep the peace in threads

Additionally, we trust that, even if there is theft, that you are not to call it out IN the person's shop. You will first PM the person and gather proof (such as WIPs or the .psd file) and then speak with me about it. If the person accused of theft is infact a thief, you may lock their thread.

If anything ever comes up that is also important, I will let you know.

If you agree with this, and will follow my instructions on theft, please respond with an "I agree" or some sort of confirmation. Thank you!

-Multi"

However, on the first day of modding, she began to "bash" other moderators of my forum, and some of my close friends. She said some pretty ridiculous stuff. Anyways, long story short, I banned her and her alternate accounts whenever they pop up.

Contrastingly, her friends are now making alternate accounts and threatening to report/take down my forum?

I found out that this user who sent me the message is the SAME user (Saturday) who I had originally banned. Somehow she changed her IP.

(I scribbled out the username, I know in my forum we do not name names in a negative manner)

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9025/unledlzq.png (Just to be clear, I DID give a clear reason as to why the user was banned.)

What do I do? I'd like to be able to ban IP addresses, so they don't harass me anymore. And to add: How do I find the IP address of someone who hasn't posted anything before?

Also, can they really file a complain against me?

ktelyn
Forumember

Female Posts : 43
Language : English

http://www.gasrforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Threat by another user on my forum?

Post by Jophy on June 14th 2011, 2:36 am

Hello,

First of all, If your worried about your forum getting banned due to complaints, then you shouldn't if you think your forum doesn't break the TOS, no matter how much reports they send to Forumotion but still your forum doesn't break the TOS, your forum won't be taken down, now to solve your situation, I would suggest you to keep banning this persons who keep creating alternate accounts that can cause trouble, that's all you can do for now since they are changing IP's, you can also hire more moderators to guard your forum. They themselves will go away when they realize that they can't do anything to bring your forum down, hope this helps Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by ktelyn on June 14th 2011, 2:37 am

Alrighty, everything is fine on our site with the ToS, but I know some websites will blindly look at complaints and disable websites.

I mean the whole thing is very silly, I was just wondering if I should really be worried haha

ktelyn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on June 14th 2011, 2:40 am

Don't really need to worry if you don't have bad contents on your site.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by ktelyn on June 14th 2011, 4:43 am

Thank you so much guys Smile

ktelyn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2011, 6:31 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum