The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no save button

2 posters

Go down

In progress Why no save button

Post by westerngal June 14th 2011, 9:20 pm

Hi,
I could not find a answer to this problem and I have checked numerous of times.
Why is there no way to save as your posting. I have lost so many postings, I will be typing away and bump a key on the keyboard and lose the whole posting. Or type out a large posting and go to submit and lose the whole thing. Members have the same problem. They write long posts, go to submit it and lose it all. This has been very frustrating since I started using this site for my forum. Am I missing something here, is there a way for my members and myself to save often when writing a post on the forum. I lost 2 today and am about to scream. I have had it with this problem. Any help would be most grateful to me and to my members who take a lot of time in their postings only to lose it.

Thank you in advance,

Sandy ( Westerngal)
westerngal

Female Posts : 7
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Why no save button

Post by Sanket June 14th 2011, 9:42 pm

General>messages and Emails>Configuration
Activate drafts messages functionality :Yes
Save.

Is that what you are looking for?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by westerngal June 14th 2011, 10:01 pm

I have that turned on.
What I am asking is, ok here's an example, I am relying back to you in this box. I am going to write a long post. I want to save my work here so I don't lose what I am writing you. There is no way to to do a "save" so I don't lose what I write unless I push the send button right now. Then I have to go back and modify what I wrote to add more to what i am writing. Do you understand what I am saying now.
westerngal

Female Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 14th 2011, 10:04 pm

Well, see but in the advanced reply mode. You have the draft function. Once you hit that, it saves your work. Thats is what you want to do. Save your work.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum