The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Site Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Site Name

Post by TSDZ_President on June 20th 2011, 7:36 am

I made a Forumotion site a few months ago. It became inactive, and was forgotten until now. I have found a handful of people to join the site, and I myself will be visiting it frequently, now that there are people going to it.

Discussing it with them, as well as looking back on it myself, I made a mistake, as far as what I named the site. Originally, it had "Half-Life" in the name, symbolizing radioactive decay, or in this case, the decay of energy (sumbolically, the energy of people visiting the site often and making it an active site). But I've come to realize that with the popularity of the videogame of the same title, that said site would be confused as a site dedicated to the videogame, where this is not the case.

This is my first forum, and I really don't know what to do...I've tried changing the name, but I noticed that I can't find a way to change the address name, or the domain name (I think it's called)...so even if I change the name, it still pops up as the original title on the top of the screen, on the tabs.

My point is, I'd like to change the address, the name, etc, but I don't know how or if it's allowed.

I really hope there's a way to change it, because this is my first site, and having spent a decent amount of time figuring out how to set it up, it'd be a let-down if the time I spent personalizing it was in vain... :/
I really like how it's set up and stuff, but apparently the name I originally put isn't a very attractive one, and is far too likely to be confused with something else...so I hope I can correct it.

-TS

TSDZ_President

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Site Name

Post by Sanket on June 20th 2011, 9:30 am

To change the title.
General>Search Engines
Homepage title :Change it here.
Save.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TSDZ_President on June 20th 2011, 11:29 pm

Yeah, I did that, but I'm talking about the address and the name that pops up on the tab.

TSDZ_President

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on June 20th 2011, 11:36 pm

Go to ACP -> Forum -> Forum Address... you should be able to change it. (I can)

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on June 21st 2011, 5:39 pm

@TSDZ_President wrote:Yeah, I did that, but I'm talking about the address and the name that pops up on the tab.

Sanket's instructions will change the name on the tab, and Drogba's will change the forum address. Smile

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum