The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting stuff done on the Forum

Go down

Getting stuff done on the Forum Empty Getting stuff done on the Forum

Post by webyankee Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm

I've been granted "Moderator" status on a Game Faction Forum website. My job is to organize and document the faction's inventory of equipment available to members. I wish to do this by categorizing the equipment. I am fairly new to this format and need to know how to create the Sections and pages properly. I do understand basic HTML structure but it has been a long time since i have used it.

A Topic section was created for the inventory by the Admin and I want to create sub-section topics of the different categories using different posts as sub-categories and be able to LOCK these so they can not be changed. Each post would then contain a number of items in that category. I would like members to be able to send me a message about items they are interested in obtaining.

As a Forum Moderator;
can I create sub-section topics?
I am able to create posts for each sub-section but can I LOCK these Topic section pages?
When the page or topic is LOCKED how do I allow a message to be sent to me about items within these posts.
Lastly; how do I create an index in the Topic (appearing before all the Posts) that links to each Post (Category)? There are posts already present in the Topic.

webyankee

Language : English

Back to top Go down