The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've added a small outside sub forum and I'd like to place it in the bottom footer

3 posters

Go down

Solved I've added a small outside sub forum and I'd like to place it in the bottom footer

Post by cecesaun1 June 27th 2011, 6:02 am

Hello,

I am the administrator of www.cstylessims3forum.com and I have been a forumotion member for 1 1/2 years. I've added an outside sub forum, it's tiny but I'm having some problems with placement. For now, I've just embedded it into a thread...but that seems to make the sub forum even tinier than it is. I'd love to place it right before the google analytics code in the bottom footer but when I put the code there it doesn't show up. I'd like to have it expand out like the forum threads do minus having to be locked into a thread.

I've tried several different angles, before GA, after GA but still nothing.

Also, the mini forum (sub forum) talks of adding it's address to my current address something about changing or adding to the CNAME, of which I'm not familiar. I've located it, but it's totally outside of my boundaries in understanding and I don't want to mess up my main address.

Right now, the way it's set up, when you click the link to load up Cstyles (my forum) this loads, quickly...but then just as quickly the page will ascend downwards and stop at the sub forum. I would like to know how to fix this also.

I thank you for your time and patience in helping me with this and I'm sure my members will thank you also. (I've had some complain about the shifting of the forum with the sub forum in loading.

Thank you!
Cecesaun1
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I've added a small outside sub forum and I'd like to place it in the bottom footer

Post by kirk June 27th 2011, 5:19 pm

i dont know i would have to see the coding.
i would just use a iframe? dose this forum have an address of it's own?

if so then you can just use an iframe then add the sub forums url to it and adjust the width and height as you please.
Then you can add to the footer aswell

Code:
<center><iframe src='YOUR SUB FORUMS URL HERE' width='100%' height='500px' style='border: 0px solid #'></iframe></center>

Or better yet i would add the sub forum to a html page and either have it in the navbar or in a pop-out page that you click to pop-out.

There are several ways to do things like that.. so you can try the iframe, other then that i would need to see the coding for whatyou have
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I've added a small outside sub forum and I'd like to place it in the bottom footer

Post by cecesaun1 June 28th 2011, 12:10 am

I will get you the coding and the address for the sub forum. Thanks! iframe is a bit out of my league although I have read up on some information regarding it. I also considered adding the html page as I have done that with another part of my forum and added an index to my site. For this particular part, I do like the ability of being able to actually be on both forums at the same time because it is embedded and small.

So that I get this correct on what information you need.
The coding to the sub forum (new forum addition)
And the sub forum address?

And also once this is done, how do I make this available but not conflict with my forumotion forum when signing into my forumotion site?

I really appreciate your help with this!! Thank you!!
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 June 28th 2011, 6:06 am

Here is the code for the sub forum I've added (<a id="nabblelink" href="http://eliteoncstyles.2293793.n4.nabble.com/">EliteOnCstyles</a>
<script src="http://eliteoncstyles.2293793.n4.nabble.com/embed/f3619089"><script>)*I took the / from the last script code so it would not embed here on this site.*

http://cstyles-sims-3-forum.2293793.n4.nabble.com/ (this is the url that it is using now which is disrupting my main forum.

This is the address of the sub forum.
Cstyles Sims 3 Forum <ml-node+3619089-664733928-247276@n4.nabble.com>
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 28th 2011, 6:10 am

well the iframe would be just like having it embedded,
All you do is add your sub forums url where i have it marked in the code, then you can adjust the size where it says width and height.

But if you like you can send me the coding and url to the sub forum and i will do some testing and see if i can come up with the best substitution or suggestion.

info added
oops we sent the messages at the same time.
OK i will have to have a look at it first thing in the mourning before i got to work.It's late here right now and i must get some rest Smile

wait you took the / from where.
just post the code here normal it wont embed, or use code tags.
Also just looking at the code above it dose not even seem embeddable,
be sure you give me the proper code or i wont be able to try to test anything with it.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 June 28th 2011, 10:08 am

<a id="nabblelink" href="http://cstyles-sims-3-forum.2293793.n4.nabble.com/">Cstyles Sims 3 Forum</a>
<script src="http://cstyles-sims-3-forum.2293793.n4.nabble.com/embed/f3619089"></script>

(this is it, it's exactly what I have embedded. That is truly all you need to embed it. I didn't leave anything out.

Here is a direct link to my forumotion forum leading exactly to the link where it is posted and embedded on the site.
http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/f57-elite

Here is a link to the sub forum also...the main site...
http://cstyles-sims-3-forum.2293793.n4.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=36&cid=1309295187622-843

Thanks again for helping me. Hello
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 June 29th 2011, 8:10 am

Anything yet?
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 July 7th 2011, 1:33 am

I've resolved this, but I thank you for all your help! :wouhou:
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 7th 2011, 12:07 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
I've added a small outside sub forum and I'd like to place it in the bottom footer 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down