The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about forum permissions in multi forums in one 2

4 posters

Go down

Solved Question about forum permissions in multi forums in one 2

Post by Diana June 27th 2011, 8:54 pm

Sorry, I already opened a thread about thisbut want tomake something clear again.
https://help.forumotion.com/t91908-question-about-forum-permissions-in-multi-forums-in-one

Okay, say I have four subforums in one. And I want to make a member a moderator in one of the 4. Do I need to make them a mod in that subforum only or in the one that contains four forums aswell?

Also, I know the one that contains four subforums is invisible but if you want to you can still access i. So when I disable creating topics in it does it disable creating topics in the four subforums aswell?
I just don't want anyone to open a topic somwhere in between and get lost.

Would it be okay to set the "invisible" forum's rights to be seen and read by members but not for creating topics and posting replies in? And then set the permissions separately in the four subforums? Would it work like that?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Question about forum permissions in multi forums in one 2

Post by LGforum June 27th 2011, 9:09 pm

I get what you mean, i presume you have made an invisible forum and put links to the subforums, sort of like forumotion has?

I believe you can make someone a moderator of only 1 sub forum.

Your other problem i am not sure about. You can lock the whole forum, but i am not sure if that will also lock your subforums.
The best thing to do would be to create another account on your forum, one which is just a normal member, not mod or admin or anything. And lock the forum and then log into your new account (this will be your test account) and see if you can still post in the sub forums.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 28th 2011, 7:58 am

Hi,

Just the forum pertaining the area you want them to moderate in, no where else Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana July 12th 2011, 3:09 pm

Okay. I tested it myself and when you lock the one big forum you can still post in the subforums so... this can be closed Smile
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. July 12th 2011, 5:32 pm

Solved ~ Locked
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic