The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Violation-Warning that my forum got

5 posters

Go down

Solved Violation-Warning that my forum got

Post by Sagacchi July 2nd 2011, 17:54

Hello dear Support stuff! I'm turning to you in great shock and panic! ^^;

I'm really not the best when it comes to such things, so I thought Imma just ask for help so..

The thing is, I got this message when I go to the admin panel
https://2img.net/h/i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/lubashina/WHATDDX.jpg
(the link is save, its just a screenshot ^-^)

And because of that, I checked the Terms of the forum again, like it said there, but.. I didnt see exactly what the warning could exactly talk about
.. maybe its just me and my noob-ness with such things I'm not even global admin of the forum but I'd really like to find a solution to this issue ^-^

Basically, to explain, our forum is a community of people that make covers of songs. A forum is really good to organize these kinds of things!
Maybe the person that checked the forum thought "they share illegal download links and images for others to download" but its not really like that! Most of us do have many of those songs on original CD's >.< and we dont want to share the original song, we just want to cover them!
Also, we don't make any profit with that, so that should be alright !

Maybe, we can find a compromiss? Or any kind of solution? We'd be really sad if the forum would be deleted Sad

This is the forum

I really hope you can help me! ^^ Thank you already, no matter what the answer will be!

Greetings,
Sagacchi

Last edited by Sagacchi on July 2nd 2011, 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Sagacchi

Language : German

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Violation-Warning that my forum got

Post by !_NICK_! July 2nd 2011, 20:08

Well, you have broken a rule in the Terms of Service. ForuMotion officals have seen the problem and a screen shot was provided. You have until then to warn your members about the deletetion.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tamotsu July 2nd 2011, 20:09

I read your warning on the homepage, did you use to have MP3s on the forum and up for download? Because if that is so, that was your problem (I think)

I know the download and probably hosting of MP3 files on the forum is not allowed. You should ask a moderator on the support forum about that though, because I'm basically a newb to the support section still.

So if you have MP3 files though, you might want to take them down. (After you get in contact with a mod or someone higher here)
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222
Language : English

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagacchi July 2nd 2011, 20:57

Yeah I already PM'd a Mod about this but he told me to go tu the support section so.. here I am ^^; haha

Yeah I wrote that announcement on the homepage, cuz my mod team figured they could only mean the mp3's (cuz theres really nothing like sexual content or swearing or anything..)
So we started to take them down one by one >.<

But how can we figure out if this is what the warning was about? X-x what if it was not like that, and suddenly the forum is deleted.. wahhh, it makes me really worried!

And I wonder...if its the mp3's they want us to take down... did they also mean our covers? since the song-covers we made are also in mp3 format haha.. this is really bad :/
Sagacchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. July 2nd 2011, 21:18

Hi,

There is no way of finding out what is wrong. If you've deleted everything ilegal, you have nothing to vorry about. Wink
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tamotsu July 2nd 2011, 22:22

Seems to me that the MP3s would be what the problem was, if you had them. I never got a warning, so I don't have much experience with them.

Although honestly some information on why a forum is being punished (for lack of a better term) would probably cause a lot less of these threads, headaches, and problems lol.
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagacchi July 2nd 2011, 22:35

yeaaah I guess that would save forum owners some worries xD
oh well thank you guys anyways >< thanks for the fast answers too!
Sagacchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy July 3rd 2011, 03:14

Violation-Warning that my forum got Solved10Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved now.

Important: You can also help the moderators to know if your topic/problem is solved by EDITING your first post and marking the topic as solved. Thank you.

~ Joph25
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum