The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help making color transparent and changing header text color

2 posters

Go down

Need help making color transparent and changing header text color Empty Need help making color transparent and changing header text color

Post by Michael1961 Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 22:20

Hello,

I want to change my forum so that the color #C1B591 doesn't show and there is nothing but the posting and other page items showing. Additionally, I want to change the Advanced Search and my site description colors from their current white color to the color that the text "Board Index" is.

Lastly, I was told to put this into the border.css:

Code:
html, body { background-color: #c1b591;
    background-image: url("http://www.sitename.com/forum/styles/stylename/imageset/forum bkg.jpg");
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    }

so that my background image will stay fixed. Pretty simple and it works perfectly, but I want to cut the background horizontally (halving it) so it will be a smaller file and hopefully quicker to load. If I do that, will the image still tile vertically as in html, or do I need to put repeat-y in the code?

I am very new to phpbb and don't have a clue when dealing with CSS. I fear I've already driven one person nuts with all the Q&A, but have a lot on my plate right now besides this, so things aren't sinking in at best. Sad

My forum is at (removed)

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Michael1961 on Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 10:42; edited 2 times in total
Michael1961

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Need help making color transparent and changing header text color Empty Re: Need help making color transparent and changing header text color

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 0:52

Your forum is not hosted with Forumotion!

Back to top Go down

Need help making color transparent and changing header text color Empty Re: Need help making color transparent and changing header text color

Post by Michael1961 Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 9:45

Tony M wrote:Your forum is not hosted with Forumotion!

My apologies. I thought this was a general help forum for boards. Will move on.

Regards.
Michael1961

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 11:46

Locked / Garbage
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down