The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Member Subscriptions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you want subscriptions?

40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
60% 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Member Subscriptions

Post by dudezone on July 21st 2011, 4:36 am

I think we should have subscriptions, where you set different buying options, set the price, and payment method, and when they complete the payment it sets them to the user-group you set instantly, for example:
If i had a forum that streamed movies, but i wanted people to pay for it, i would set lets say a 1 week subscription for 5 dollars, and a month subscription for 20 dollars, i would make a usergroup named something like "Movie Access" or something, and set the forum that has the movies, lets call it "Movies"(creative, right?)

Okay, so then i set the Movies category/forum permission to only the Movie Access usergroup, if they bought that 1 week subscription, they would now be added to the Movie Access usergroup instantly and automatically, for one week, and after they're one week, it auto removes you, therefore you have no more access to those forums.

I don't know if the good people at forumotion will like this idea, due to the fact that your making money(im not really sure) but i hope they like it, and i hope it gets added.

Psst. if you don't like the fact that this feature would be free, add a 1$ per month payment to have this feature, or 1$ to buy it forever(1$ is based on the fact that i only have 1$ in my paypal account, lol)

dudezone

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Member Subscriptions

Post by Vlajki on July 21st 2011, 12:50 pm

I think that's unecessary, because you can manually give permissions to the person who does the payment (It's not like 15 persons will subscribe in a day so you don't have the time to give them permissions, which by the way, takes a few seconds to do). In fact, if you have many interested users for paying, you could hire an assistant who will do that for you in exchange for some money.

Vlajki
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : Serbian & English

Back to top Go down

Post by dudezone on July 22nd 2011, 2:41 am

Or, this would be much easier, you could have alot of people doing that, and why should i pay extra money for an assistant and everything, i mean, you also have to track WHEN they bought it so you know when to remove them from that group, or, atleast add someone that you don't need to pay, but you can set they're subscription for the amount of time, that way, you track payments, and whoever payed you give for likke a week, and after its over, it removes them, its much easier

dudezone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellbe6 on July 22nd 2011, 6:58 am

I say yes, I like using "membership" on my forum to have full access to the forum.

Wellbe6
Forumember

Language : English (I do know some spanish)

http://fishhooksfanforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on July 22nd 2011, 11:56 am

And so ended the Free Forums mwii

Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 16th 2014, 1:26 pm

Suggestion Clean up (3/1/2014)

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: http://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
http://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum