The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?

Post by Diana on July 28th 2011, 6:22 pm

Like, so there'd be an icon under each forum in the multi forum, instead of just the one under Last Post. Cause the users can't really tell which one of the forums has new postsand they have to go through them all.

Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?

Post by MrMario on July 28th 2011, 10:23 pm

Create another table for them.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Re: In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?

Post by Diana on July 29th 2011, 7:38 am

And what do I insert in the table?

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on July 29th 2011, 6:24 pm

The no and new post reply icons or whatever you want in them.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick on July 29th 2011, 7:14 pm

@MrMario: Giving a wrong instruction huh? Very Happy

==Steps

Go to your admin panel -> display -> Structure and Hierarchy
scroll down and where you see "show sublevel links : yes | NO | with pics ... mark the with pics one

This will create the sublevel links under each catEgory and under each table.

It is important to use an image with text on it for your sublevel links.
Go to your admin panel's picture management and add your new icons with names on them... just like on Ego:

Look What happen:

Go to your admin panel -> general -> forums and catEgories
Choose your first forum in the 4in1 forums list and edit () it

Spoiler:

General CatEgory
----Invisible forum from tut
-------------first forum
-------------second forum
-------------third forum
-------------fourth forum

All you really need to do is change its name
from first forum to:

Code:
<span style="display:none;">First forum</span>

You can add a few html spacebars to move them

So your forums name can look like this:
Code:

for example...
You'll need to play positioning on your own.

Credits to the one who Created the concept: Jalokim himself

iJerick
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : HTML, JAVASCRIPT, CSS and ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on July 29th 2011, 10:47 pm

Um, it doesn't really work.Where do I need to add the images though? When I do as you say, it just hides the sublevel.

But thank you, iJerick,for understanding my problem.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick on July 29th 2011, 10:58 pm

AP > Display > Picture Management > Mini Icons > The Mini post and the Mini post - New.

iJerick
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on July 29th 2011, 11:00 pm

Okay thanks. i got the images there but how do I move them? Like, I want the no new post/new post to be exactly under the subforum icons.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick on July 29th 2011, 11:51 pm

Code:
add spaces before and after the Name of the Sub-forum, or you want to do it via template editing?

iJerick
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on July 30th 2011, 9:30 am

Well, is the space limited in the subforum title filed? Cause some ofmy forums have longer names.
I'll try it out likte this first and then if I'm nothappy with the result,I'll do it with the templates.

Right, the spaces didn't work so templates would be handy, thanks.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 1st 2011, 5:00 pm

rhe wrote:Well, is the space limited in the subforum title filed? Cause some ofmy forums have longer names.
I'll try it out likte this first and then if I'm nothappy with the result,I'll do it with the templates.

Right, the spaces didn't work so templates would be handy, thanks.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 2nd 2011, 1:37 pm

rhe wrote:In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?
Like, so there'd be an icon under each forum in the multi forum, instead of just the one under Last Post. Cause the users can't really tell which one of the forums has new postsand they have to go through them all.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 10th 2011, 7:48 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:In the multi forums in one, how to add new post/no new post under the multi forums?

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 11th 2011, 7:57 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 13th 2011, 10:31 am

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 15th 2011, 9:09 am

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 16th 2011, 4:04 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 18th 2011, 7:59 am

rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 19th 2011, 3:01 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 20th 2011, 8:04 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 21st 2011, 6:39 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 24th 2011, 11:15 am

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 25th 2011, 8:25 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on August 26th 2011, 3:16 am

Hi,

I don't know how it's possible to add the post indicator via templates to each individual forum, I doubt it's possible, unless Jerrick has some sort of magical JS code to give ID's to each category/forum.

I'll attempt to get ahold of someone who does know how he did it for you and see if I can egt you some more help Smile

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 26th 2011, 11:18 am

I've seen it on some forums. That's how I got the idea. I don't have the forum's link anymore though.

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on August 27th 2011, 7:34 pm

Bump. Anyone else can help?

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on September 1st 2011, 9:08 am

rhe wrote:Bump. Anyone else can help?

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana on September 3rd 2011, 1:59 pm

rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:
rhe wrote:

Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum