The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Chat logs

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like the suggestion?

96% 96% 
[ 66 ]
4% 4% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 69

Chat logs

Post by AMRES on July 30th 2011, 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was thinking if the administrators of a forum could access "chat logs" because chat moderators would clear chat archives if something "silly" happens in the chatbox.

The purpose of this to check whichever member is disrupting the chat instead of manually asking fellow chat mods.

Chat logs should only be seen by administrators.

AMRES
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Queens, New York

Back to top Go down


Re: Chat logs

Post by Mr DarkHaxers2 on August 12th 2011, 3:13 am

Yes It's A Good Idea

Mr DarkHaxers2
Forumember

Male Posts : 409
Reputation : -17
Language : English
Location : Modesto,Cali

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by TechGeek on August 16th 2011, 9:14 pm

LH Justin wrote: I'm sure whatever members and moderators are doing in the chat it has no threat on the safety or reputation of your forum.

With all due respect, you cannot say that with any degree of certainty. You have no idea what is being said and/or not said

LH Justin wrote: To me, archiving a chat is like recording a phone call. Just not something that should be done. I mean sure, chatboxes aren't really private but neither are phonecalls if you think about it.

I disagree. A person has the right to privacy on a telephone because they pay for usage rights. Free forums do not infer any right to privacy. Especially since they belong to someone else and not the person being monitored.


LH Justin wrote: Eh, my general idea is if something is cleared in the chatbox, no one should probably see it

Again, I respectfully disagree. In my opinion a good administrator will keep tabs on his/her forum to make sure it complies with 1) the terms of service of forumotion and 2) whatever guidelines the admin has in place.

TechGeek
Forumember

Male Posts : 52
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://www.repairbotsonline.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by !_NICK_! on August 17th 2011, 3:20 am

@littlemiss wrote:I totally agree, it is something needed, with out proof it ends up being a he said she said debate, we cant be on 24/7 to monitor the chat the only other thing is to disable chat when not on ,but then this is unfair to our members that don't abuse the chat function.

Maybe forumotion could add a feature where as you by credits to utilize this area , then those that feel it is inappropriate or not needed can op out of it,

I don't agree on what you said at all! I don't think anyone should have to pay.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Reputation : 69
Language : English, HTML, and CSS
Location : In the middle of no return.

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Empire_1 on August 17th 2011, 11:37 pm

! NICK ! wrote:
@littlemiss wrote:I totally agree, it is something needed, with out proof it ends up being a he said she said debate, we cant be on 24/7 to monitor the chat the only other thing is to disable chat when not on ,but then this is unfair to our members that don't abuse the chat function.

Maybe forumotion could add a feature where as you by credits to utilize this area , then those that feel it is inappropriate or not needed can op out of it,

I don't agree on what you said at all! I don't think anyone should have to pay.
I agree! This feature should be free!

There Archives, but if you clear them, then Archives get cleared too. How about simply making that when you clear the chatbox, it doesn't clear the Archives?

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by LH Justin on August 17th 2011, 11:57 pm

The Divine Clutch wrote:
! NICK ! wrote:
@littlemiss wrote:I totally agree, it is something needed, with out proof it ends up being a he said she said debate, we cant be on 24/7 to monitor the chat the only other thing is to disable chat when not on ,but then this is unfair to our members that don't abuse the chat function.

Maybe forumotion could add a feature where as you by credits to utilize this area , then those that feel it is inappropriate or not needed can op out of it,

I don't agree on what you said at all! I don't think anyone should have to pay.
I agree! This feature should be free!

There Archives, but if you clear them, then Archives get cleared too. How about simply making that when you clear the chatbox, it doesn't clear the Archives?
Is that not the point of clearing the chat? tongue

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by AMRES on August 18th 2011, 1:25 am

@LH Justin wrote:
The Divine Clutch wrote:
! NICK ! wrote:
@littlemiss wrote:I totally agree, it is something needed, with out proof it ends up being a he said she said debate, we cant be on 24/7 to monitor the chat the only other thing is to disable chat when not on ,but then this is unfair to our members that don't abuse the chat function.

Maybe forumotion could add a feature where as you by credits to utilize this area , then those that feel it is inappropriate or not needed can op out of it,

I don't agree on what you said at all! I don't think anyone should have to pay.
I agree! This feature should be free!

There Archives, but if you clear them, then Archives get cleared too. How about simply making that when you clear the chatbox, it doesn't clear the Archives?
Is that not the point of clearing the chat? tongue
Clearing the chat also clears the archives.

Chat logs, in this case, are not cleared.

AMRES
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Queens, New York

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by bHulleT.w on August 18th 2011, 2:35 am

Good Wink

bHulleT.w
Forumember

Male Posts : 244
Reputation : 13
Language : Estonian - Html - Php - Css - MySQL
Location : Closet :3

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by LH Justin on August 18th 2011, 2:40 am

@AMRES wrote:
@LH Justin wrote:
The Divine Clutch wrote:
! NICK ! wrote:
@littlemiss wrote:I totally agree, it is something needed, with out proof it ends up being a he said she said debate, we cant be on 24/7 to monitor the chat the only other thing is to disable chat when not on ,but then this is unfair to our members that don't abuse the chat function.

Maybe forumotion could add a feature where as you by credits to utilize this area , then those that feel it is inappropriate or not needed can op out of it,

I don't agree on what you said at all! I don't think anyone should have to pay.
I agree! This feature should be free!

There Archives, but if you clear them, then Archives get cleared too. How about simply making that when you clear the chatbox, it doesn't clear the Archives?
Is that not the point of clearing the chat? tongue
Clearing the chat also clears the archives.

Chat logs, in this case, are not cleared.
I know, clearing the chat should clear the archives. It removes stuff from view, like it's supposed to. Wink

LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686
Reputation : 121
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Location : United States

http://www.creative-nation.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by AMRES on August 30th 2011, 6:49 am

Bump

AMRES
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Queens, New York

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by TruthSayer on August 30th 2011, 8:15 am

This is exactly why I would like this feature:
@TechGeek wrote:In my opinion a good administrator will keep tabs on his/her forum to make sure it complies with 1) the terms of service of forumotion and 2) whatever guidelines the admin has in place.
And the lack of this feature is one of the reasons why I don't use ForuMotion's chat box Cool

TruthSayer
Forumember

Female Posts : 184
Reputation : 21
Language : English, ALS, Med-speech, Pig Latin ^_^
Location : Wouldn't you like to know... O.o

http://www.anubisscripts.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Stargamer96 on August 31st 2011, 4:48 am

I agree, this sounds helpful and useful! Voting Yes! Wink

Stargamer96
New Member

Male Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://stargamer.bestgamesforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by AMRES on September 30th 2011, 5:37 am

Bump again

Apologies

AMRES
Forumember

Male Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Queens, New York

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Lillia on September 30th 2011, 7:06 pm

I don't agree on this. Sure that admins can't be online all the time but we have moderators. If this had to be done all by ourselves then what is the point of having moderators in the first place. Moderators are trusted people so you can trust online moderators to report them to you.

Lillia
Forumember

Female Posts : 132
Reputation : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Raze on October 1st 2011, 5:13 am

I think there should just be a way to add a [x] button on the right side of every chatbox post to be able to delete if a chatbox mod.

Raze
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Reputation : 12
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Empire_1 on October 1st 2011, 5:20 am

@Raze wrote:I think there should just be a way to add a [x] button on the right side of every chatbox post to be able to delete if a chatbox mod.

Yes, excellent idea thumleft

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by ElementalPride on February 16th 2012, 4:42 pm

Why hasn't this feature been added yet? :@

Yes.

ElementalPride
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by LGforum on February 17th 2012, 9:19 am

LG Chat modification allows for you to save your chatbox conversations of your forumotion chatbox via a custom command. You can view them at any time no matter how old they are, on the LG Chat site. Wink
Here: http://www.avacweb.net/

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260
Reputation : 258
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Jakeb on February 17th 2012, 3:00 pm

Voted Yes. thumleft

Jakeb
Forumember

Male Posts : 93
Reputation : 6
Language : English
Location : United Kingdom

http://helpwithanything.your-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by ThomasPhillips on February 18th 2012, 1:04 am

how come i cant log in to my ghostrider2 account i just open it this is bull shit

ThomasPhillips
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by XxForumGirlxX on February 18th 2012, 3:04 am

@ThomasPhillips wrote:how come i cant log in to my ghostrider2 account i just open it this is bull {LANGUAGE}

This is NOT the place to complain. and watch your language please
(not trying to be a mod just saying)



I voted yes. This could be very helpful especially if the person who committed the "crime" is the chat moderators friend. They would not report them because they could lose their friendship and trustworthyness with the friend.

It is very useful. And yes, PM would be the place to chat privately. It has no right to be recorded. Since the chatbox is public, it does deserve to be recorded when cleared.

I agree again, to Empires_1 i think said, they said that it could just be from the last 7 days. If you're admin, you should be on at least 4/7 days. Then in that case, you can see the chat log.

And you should be able to search a word to see if it's found in the chat. There should be a /clearall which would clear the archives ( only admins have this right) and /clear. which just clears the current chat out of the chatbox not out of the archives.

XxForumGirlxX
Forumember

Female Posts : 193
Reputation : 7
Language : English
Location : USA

http://fcbdsp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by UltimateShinobi on February 18th 2012, 9:28 am

It doesn't really matter the circumstance, the point is there are circumstances where incidents aren't handled correctly or only brought up and an administrator needs look into it.

Moderators are the officers of the site, officers can show biased or just not think its worth bringing up. We as the administration should have the ability to access what people express in the chatbox at any time, despite clearances, timezones and etc.

UltimateShinobi
Forumember

Male Posts : 118
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Australia

http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Rainbow Zebra on February 18th 2012, 5:28 pm

Oh, I absolutely support this idea! I always get annoyed when I can't find out what my members have been chatting about. Maybe instead of the Archive button showing the past messages in the chatbox, it can just lead to the history log.

Rainbow Zebra
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

I agree

Post by ZekromFan1997 on February 22nd 2012, 3:58 pm

I think it would be a great Idea so that we admins can always see what is going on in the chat box even after a long period of time

ZekromFan1997
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://ipureinstinct.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Jellydonut on March 30th 2012, 3:56 am

Yes! Chatbox mods can clear the chat anytime, and an admin should be able to see why it was cleared.

Jellydonut
Forumember

Female Posts : 572
Reputation : 26
Language : English
Location : Illinois

http://www.googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by PorkyPine V10 on March 30th 2012, 4:05 am

Good idea!

PorkyPine V10
Forumember

Male Posts : 387
Reputation : 19
Language : English, Spanish, French, Japanese

http://gfx-creators.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by UltimateShinobi on April 9th 2012, 8:42 am

Bumping, sure would appreciate if this idea was properly acknowledged.

UltimateShinobi
Forumember

Male Posts : 118
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : Australia

http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Cyborg112233 on April 9th 2012, 12:13 pm

Really good idea, voted yes!

Cyborg112233
Forumember

Male Posts : 435
Reputation : 25
Language : UBB, HTML, CSS, German, English and French
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Niko on April 9th 2012, 1:46 pm

Voted yes!
We need more option for chatbox (:

Niko
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2298
Reputation : 97
Language : English, French, Italian, Spanish, Latin

https://www.translationscloud.com/?utm_source=forumotion&utm

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Nekare on May 8th 2012, 10:06 pm

It would be nice with a chat log!!

Nekare
Forumember

Female Posts : 54
Reputation : 1
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat logs

Post by Jophy on May 9th 2012, 5:12 am

Programming Forums Admin wrote:Yes, this is a good idea, and I voted yes for it as well, however, you might be interested in [url=Link Removed]using this until this suggestion is accepted[/url].
Please don't post a forum link unless its being directed to the tutorial for support, this is considered advertising.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum