The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

cant access my forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress cant access my forum

Post by sasoforum on August 7th 2011, 4:26 pm

I created a forum a while ago for friends with a mutual interest in my state in a certain breed of horse.
Problem being that I moved due to a relationship break up and my ex partner was going to keep the internet provider. He changed the e-mail he had with the provider which was the log on for the admin to the forum. He didnt do it to be nasty, just obviously didnt need my name on the e-mail address anymore.
Now I cant access the forum and havent been able to in over 12 months. I have had no idea what to do so have just kept an eye on things as a member. However I really need to be able to get my admin status back and not being very computer minded have no idea what a URL, or anything like that is.
I have great members on the forum and only one or two actually know I am the forum owner and there have been no issues but now I have a brand new member who has joined and plastered it with sunglasses and TV adds. DOING MY HEAD IN!!
SOmeone on the forum PM me and said it was a troll?
I have tried resetting the password, but when it asks me for the e-mail address for admin there is no point in putting it in as it doesnt exist anymore and I cant access it to get the new password that will be sent to a non existant e-mail address.
Sorry this may have a real simple answer but I really am clueless when it comes to this stuff.
I would really love it if someone could help me out here.

Cheers in advance.

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: cant access my forum

Post by LH Justin on August 7th 2011, 5:12 pm

Do you have any sufficient proof that you own the forum? If you do then PM it to me along with the forum URL and any other relevant information.

LH Justin

Male Posts : 3686
Language : English, HTML, CSS, JavaScript

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: cant access my forum

Post by kirk on August 8th 2011, 4:48 am

Are you the creator of the forum/founder.

If so you should still be able to log into your forum utilities.
You have to use the original email address and pass word you created it with. it will not matter if the email is not valid anymore and will not have anything to do with the pass to your forum.

It has to be the original email address and password you used when you created it.

That should get you back in then you can change all you need to one in.
If not then you will have to do what LH has said above, it's the only way.
forumotion utilities link

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum