The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum

3 posters

Go down

Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum Empty Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi, I have searched to got my help, but didn't find any topic regarding my problem

I want to edit and Change the text of menu buttons on my forum. How is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Last edited by MyMartin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyMartin

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum Empty Re: Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum

Post by Mike Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Use images and then you can customize them
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum Empty Re: Edit and Change the text of menu buttons/and all messages on forum

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Thank you Drogba921 for your reply.

Please advice how to use images,

Thank you!
MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

https://help.forumotion.com/f54-navigation-bars

Choose something

Then go to:

Admin Panel -> Display -> Pics Management -> Advanced -> Add your navigation images where it says.

Then... Go to: Admin panel -> Display -> Headers and Navigation -> Use images only, make sure it says YES
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:55 pm

OK, will check out these instructions.

But is there no any way to change/edit the text of the default messages on my forum? (like the message down the page "You can reply to topics in this forum", if I want to change the text etc.)

MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:00 pm

If you go to ACP -> Display -> Headers and Navigation you will see that it cannot be changed.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Thank you Drogba921 for your immidiate help

But this is my question. How can I get able to edit the text???

I'm in middle of creating a forum for a community, and we need specific changes in the descriptions of the messages to our custom language...

Anyone to advise?

MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 pm

If you go to ACP -> Display -> Headers and Navigation you will see that it cannot be changed.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Thank you Drogba921 for your immidiate help

But this is my question. How can I get able to edit the text???

I'm in middle of creating a forum for a community, and we need specific changes in the descriptions of the messages to our custom language...

Anyone to advise?
MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 pm

You'd need to do images.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMartin Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 pm

The images is just a half solution.. only helps where it used buttons. But i'm really looking to set and change all the messages and descriptions as I mentioned last post..
MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 pm

MyMartin:
Please keep with the default font and color. Bold and color are allowed for staff moderation only.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMartin Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:10 am

OK, will keep using only the default font, didn't realized this rule before.. Sorry

Do you have any good solution to my problem beside the use of images? (As I mentioned I look to change/edit the text of all messages on my forum, for a special community language)

Thanks in advance!
MyMartin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 am

You can't change the text. The only way to change the text is the text in the images.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down