The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

HELP Unable to Access C Panel HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress HELP Unable to Access C Panel HELP

Post by DaN-PwN on August 12th 2011, 6:11 pm

Hey
I've created a forum last year around this time with a few other friends. However the one who registered the email is no longer with us. Since then we've just been using the admin privileges and it's been fine.
It gets a bit trickier though, before the registered email guy left we had changed the admin password and when he left neither him nor we remembered what it was hence why we've been living off the admin powers alone.
Now our guy that usually took care of the c panel has left as well and transferred the powers to the next guy. This last one seems to have removed the powers from himself and everyone else, and gave mod powers to a few randoms. Now we have no c panel and no admin.

We've already tried to get in touch with the founder/registered email owner and await his response but I doubt he can help, when we tried to reset the pw with the admin user name and his email adress the following message appeared
"The security 'Disallow admin to send new password' is active in Admin Panel > General Admin > Security"
Who can I get in touch with or what steps should I take, please help.

DaN-PwN

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: HELP Unable to Access C Panel HELP

Post by Master Marc on August 12th 2011, 7:23 pm

Let me get this straight. You created the forum, but someone else is this so called, "registered email guy"? ( assuming that they're the founder of the forum with access to the forum utilities )

PS. cPanel isn't installed for forum owners to access, Wink

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 12th 2011, 7:42 pm

I mean admin panel...

the founder is no longer with us and hasn't been for some time now, we've had no access to the admin account for some time now. We've managed by just creating and editing groups under the admin panel instead. However the last guy left and he gave the powers to another. By mistake the new guy edited the groups (probably because he wasn't familiar with them) and now no one has access to the admin panel. This leaves us with no control over the boards, anyone I should be requesting help from forummotion staff?

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc on August 12th 2011, 7:47 pm

@DaN-PwN wrote:However the last guy left and he gave the powers to another.
Since the guy gave powers to another member of the board, you have no right asking to gain privileges in that forum.

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 12th 2011, 7:56 pm

yes I'm aware, but NO ONE HAS POWERS. this makes for a very troll infested place. I was asked to help and I'm seeking help, any help, any direction I can get. NO ONE HAS ACCESS TO THE ADMIN PANEL, how does anyone suppose we run the forum?

edit: turns out the wrong person might have, however he's the one trolling everyone, in fact if you take a look at the site you'll see what I mean, be warned NSFW

http://pwnps3.forummotion.com/

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 12th 2011, 8:03 pm

Furthermore I had access to the admin panel before, I was one of the founders as well, if the staff is reading you may inquire anyone on the site about me (Dan) and they'll be happy to tell you I seek noting but help. I am not trying to hack the page.
I recently took a leave and was asked to help since I'm the most familiar with the site.

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc on August 12th 2011, 8:39 pm

Well, it was the founder's decision to give the wrong person powers. You or any forumotion employee has no right of handing you over administration privileges, unless the new admin/mod hasn't logged into his/her account for a certain time period.

The only think that you can do now, is communicate with your friends that thinks the new admin is destroying the forum and start a new forumotion board : http://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 12th 2011, 8:47 pm

No the founder is not with us and has not been for a very long time. I use to run the place without the admin account simply through the admin panel. I clearly wrote that the founder has not been with us for a very long time. I helped create the place with him (the founder) and have been on the site since it's beginning last year around this time. I am the most familiar with the admin panel and I know who I gave the powers to before leaving as well. However the guy I left the powers to was not familiar with the panel and therefor made the wrong editions under groups, this caused him and me to be locked out of the admin panel.

Am I clear? If you cannot help in the matter I ask to please refrain from further posting. I've contacted the admins here in hopes of a quicker response. Thank you for trying however.

edit: the founder has not been on the site for over 6 months now as well, in fact I banned his account long ago.

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by saady_messy on August 12th 2011, 9:26 pm

hi alll ganduzzzzz

saady_messy

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 13th 2011, 1:29 am

Please please please!!

Who ever it was that got in our site is now deleting members accounts!! Are any mods gonna answer this?!

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 13th 2011, 1:30 am

It's been almost a day sin e my op and no answer from support, WTF kind of help is this?!

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on August 13th 2011, 2:41 am

DaN-PwN

Please donít double and or triple post. Post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button.

This is a community support forum, all of the staff besides The Godfather help users on their own time. Please stay calm we aren't going to respond to a topic that just got created.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DaN-PwN on August 13th 2011, 4:01 am

Thanks for the news, posting that or nothing would've accomplished the same, I'm not being rude, I'm telling you what it is so please stay calm.

@DaN-PwN wrote: If you cannot help in the matter I ask to please refrain from further posting. I've contacted the admins here in hopes of a quicker response. Thank you for trying however.

DaN-PwN

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on August 13th 2011, 4:32 am

Bit rude to be honest. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by MrMario on August 16th 2011, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on August 16th 2011, 11:47 am

I will pass your problem to The GodFather. Please wait because The Godfather rarely answers and help problems here, dunno why :/

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Infliction on August 16th 2011, 7:38 pm

Yeah, dunno ;l

Infliction
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down