The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wipe user's IP posting history?

2 posters

Go down

In progress Wipe user's IP posting history?

Post by ToTheFuture August 13th 2011, 9:31 pm

Is there a way to wipe all information about a user's posting IP address? A couple of my members were worried. But here's the thing-- I don't want to delete them as members. Also, now that they mentioned it, I want to wipe my own posting IP history because I may add more admins to the forum, and don't want them to be able to see where I live. To fix that, I was wondering if I could wipe my IP history and then start using an IP changer. Obviously, I would not want to delete my forum account!
As a sidenote, is there any way to find out a person's IP if they're using an IP changer? I'd be especially interested for the fact that some users create alternate accounts but use IP changers so that it's hard to connect the accounts (except when they stupidly post using both accounts in one session, meaning both appear from the same IP momentarily).
Thanks! Mr. Green
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Wipe user's IP posting history?

Post by MrMario August 14th 2011, 2:35 am

To answer your question it can't be done.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Wipe user's IP posting history?

Post by ToTheFuture August 20th 2011, 1:06 am

I checked... It manages to zoom into not only my house, but the specific part where my computer resides. :| A fairly scary thought to me.
Is there any way to disable IP tracking for anyone except the founder then, or remove it all together? As well, would removing the button work in that case?
As for figuring out the IP of someone using a changer as asked before (I remember someone on FM said it was possible), how can it be done?
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down