The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Kinder to New Members

2 posters

Go down

Being Kinder to New Members Empty Being Kinder to New Members

Post by TrumpetFlower August 18th 2011, 10:49 pm

I have been reading through this site for just over an hour, and find much of the language very scary-the way all the rules are 'written in stone,'
the 'read this first,' 'don't do that,' etc. etc. Now this is my first day here. It's kind of frightening to make a post and then find out you've disobeyed some rule
somewhere.
I understand the concept. No website wants spammers or trashy posts. But if all of the people 'who know' were a bit nicer to the ones who don't, it might make it easier to
actually learn something. Everyone was new at something once, and I am new to forums/keeping one. I am also new to this particular help forum. If I make a mistake, kindness
goes a long way, in every case. JMHO.
Also, an Introduction forum would be nice, so people could 'meet' who they will be talking with
TrumpetFlower

Female Posts : 5
Language : English

http://zone9gardeningforum/forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Being Kinder to New Members Empty Re: Being Kinder to New Members

Post by MrMario August 18th 2011, 11:13 pm

Hi,

If you have a problem with my team please send me a PM about it and I can take care of this issue. I don't see any of my staff being rude to you. Being Kinder to New Members Whistle

The whole idea for rules is say you can do this and that. If here wasn't we would be in big trouble. We do have everything layout out for new users with the welcome PM, homepage message with important topics and the widgets which provides good shortcuts, so its really up to you to know what is right and what is wrong as we have everything layout out.

I'm going to be locking this topic.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum