The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was this the real forumotion who joined my site?

4 posters

Go down

In progress Was this the real forumotion who joined my site?

Post by Emma8432 August 20th 2011, 2:15 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I really need to get it out, though!

So, lately my forum has been getting hacked. That sounds really bad, but it is truly not. The 'hacker' logs in to random user's accounts, spams the chat box with things like "piepiepie" or "ahahahaha". But, there was one terrible case when a user's account was deleted. Shocked But anyway, that's not what I'm coming here to say. A few moments, I checked my PM box on my website, and had a PM from a new user by the name of 'Forumotion Administrator'. And I must admit, this PM looked very official and I really did think it was a Forumotion Admin.. and anyway, I read the PM. It said something like this 'admin' wanted permission to get to the Admin panel to fix things up.. and then I saw I had a new PM and checked it out. It was from one of my very loyal members, and it was saying that the user 'Forumotion Administrator' was fake.

Her reason was "...we have a new member named Forumotion Administrator, who acts like he/she`s real Forumotion staff. He`s fake. He spelled his user wrong the first time, said a bunch of junk in the c-box about one of our members messing up the site so he can`t get into the admin panel. And answer me this: What 26 year-old forumotion staff member would waste his time in the cbox if he could start fixing things? , ...please get on and ban the Ip address of a member in WA. That guy's IP was the same who hacked another member!

So, was this a real forumotion staff member who joined my site? Or another terrible hacker? Shocked
Emma8432
Emma8432
Forumember

Female Posts : 219
Language : Meep

http://warriorcatsworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Was this the real forumotion who joined my site?

Post by Russel August 20th 2011, 2:27 am

I do believe it is not the Forumotion Administrator who really joined your forum. Its either a hacker or someone who just want to put mess your forum. I also believe forumotion admin won't join to your forum just to say hes the forumotion admin. Smile
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English, Filipino

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy August 20th 2011, 5:01 am

Hello,

Anyone from the Forumotion Staff won't do that, I think no one of us would want to loose some clients. Anyways, if you need some help such as requesting new password, request of a change of founder e-mail etc. Please contact a manager or an admin Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Base August 20th 2011, 11:07 am

This was definitely not an official Forumotion staff member, I can assure you. Wink

I advise you to ignore the message and read this topic for reassurance: https://help.forumotion.com/t60088-i-ve-received-a-message-from-forumotion-is-it-true
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down