The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent..Can't edit Forums in admin room!

5 posters

Go down

In progress Urgent..Can't edit Forums in admin room!

Post by ridgebrook Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 20:45

I seem to be unable to edit any of my forums in the admin room even though i am founder admin... I have tried resyncing them but the problem still persists... I can't use fonts, font colours or any of the tabs... Can anyone explain what could be wrong?? I haven't experienced this before...

Many thanks in advance..

Last edited by ridgebrook on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:22; edited 2 times in total
ridgebrook
Forumember

Female Posts : 38
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Urgent..Can't edit Forums in admin room!

Post by Base Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:16

Hello ridgebrook, Can you please change the title of your problem from something like “Help, Urgent, Few questions, Problems, SOS” to something more related to your query/problem.

Your changing the title to something related to the problem will help users who will use the search feature on this forum to solve a similar problem. This way, your problem will be a solution for someone else’s problem.

Please confirm with the requirement to get help from members as well as staff.
Members are advised to confirm with this requirement & avoid helping unless the title is changed.

Your co-operation will help us in making this forum efficient. Thank you.

Staff
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:23

Sorry about that... I have changed the title of my post... I hope it is ok now.
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:25

Yes, it's fine now. What seems to be the problem exactly? Is the admin panel not working for you?
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 22:01

Admin panel seems ok its just when i went to edit a forum....
I went to edit one of the forums in the admin panel in general >catagories and forums but i can't use any of the tabs in the edit window.. Like i tried to use the font colour tab and it wont open... The fonts tab is the same too.. I tried resync but the problem is still there... I can't seem to be able to use any of the tabs in any of my forums in the Catagories and forums....
I hope this makes sense......
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 23:32

Tabs in the forums? I'm still not completely sure what you're talking about, do you have any screenshots you could show me? If not, would you be able to provide me with a test admin account on your forum?
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Fri 26 Aug 2011 - 3:38

Hi,

Can you please try another browser, for example, FireFox, or Google Chrome?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 21:22

Base wrote:Tabs in the forums? I'm still not completely sure what you're talking about, do you have any screenshots you could show me? If not, would you be able to provide me with a test admin account on your forum?

Sorry i don't know how to do screen shots but i will try and explain a bit better...
I go into my admin panel to edit my "General Gallery" forum (admin panel>General>Catagories and forums>General Gallery) I then click on the "modify" icon to open the forum for editing.. In the "Discription" window where i have typed a discripsion for the forum i can type into the window but cannot use any of the tabs/buttons that appear above the window as in "Font" to change font style, "sizes" to change font size, the "A" to change font colour, the cut and copy/paste ones...I have only used these as an explination as none of them will work... I hope i have explained a bit better for you as i am not very up on computer language and what things are called....

Darren1 thank you for replying... As i am not very good with computers i would like to keep things as they are if at all possible and keep to the same browser....
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 21:56

To take a screenshot, press PrintSCRN on the top right of your keyboard. Next, open MS Paint and paste whatever you have onto there. Your image should then appear. Next, save it and then get a Photobucket account. Upload the image to Photobucket. Paste the link to the uploaded image here.
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 22:45

Nope still can't do screen shots.... I dont have MS paint.
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Strider Zero Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 3:00

ridgebrook wrote:Nope still can't do screen shots.... I dont have MS paint.

It works on any type of picture editing program. Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, etc. You mean to say you have none of these? You can very easily download MS Paint or whatever is used for Macs if that's what you use.
Strider Zero
Strider Zero
Forumember

Male Posts : 38

http://mysticforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 23:05

I have MS paint but i dont seem to be able to take screen shots.... I don't know much about computers when it comes to tech stuff.... All that i have learned i have taught myself...
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 12:23

Ah, I understand what you're talking about now. I assume that you've clicked on the 'HTML' button in the description section of your forum settings. If so, then that brings up another text editor.

When you click on the icons, they should work as if they were in the WYSIWYG editor. In other words, you won't see any tags. For example, if you clicked on the Bold icon then whatever you type would appear as bold.

If you're still having problems, try using a different browser.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 14:51

OK thank you....
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 21:09

OK i have tried firefox to edit with.... It does edit what i want but is not very easy for me to use and is very slow. It also messed up my computer..In a word i don't like it.

Yes i have clicked the HTML button.

What i don't understand is the fact that until 4 days ago i could edit things in the Admin Panel very easily while using MSN as my browser with no problems then suddenly i can't... I did experience trouble logging on to the forum at this time as did my members and was getting a "Maintanence in Progress" window. Could this have something to do with my problem?

I have been through the Admin Panel trying to edit other areas such as the portal and find i cannot edit them either...Also the text boxes on the main forum have changed in appearance... I cannot change the appearance of these so has there been some changes made by the forumotion staff??

Could this also be the reason i cannot take snapshots of the page??

Just to clarify a bit more... If you put your curser over the buttons above the quick reply text window below they become highlighted with a red border and when you click on either the link button or smiley button a dropdown window opens. None of this happens in my admin panel...The buttons don't work.. The buttons above the quick reply text window below are what they should be like on my forum but they now appear in text form both in my AP and on the main forum...

I know we can't double post and must wait for post in between so i have added this to my last post so as not to get into trouble... I have just found this thread https://help.forumotion.com/t95585-is-it-all-solved-now-then and it seems that there was a server issue at the time i started having problems in the AP and that there are still some bugs in the system being worked on on english forums...I will wait and see if my problems rectify themselves when the bugs are gone.. Thank you for your help..
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 15:36

My problems are still there and now i can't even save any text changes.. When i try to type a new discription in the text boxes for the forums in the AP and click save the old text is still there, the new text has not been saved...

Please have a look. My forum is babs.forumotion.com.

Thank you..
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ridgebrook Fri 9 Sep 2011 - 14:40

Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with my Admin Panel!! I need to do things in it such as editing and sending newsletters but my admin panel is STILL not working!! Are there still issues with the server and the bugs that it left after it crashed last week??? I really need this issue sorted as soon as possible!
ridgebrook
Forumember

Back to top Go down