The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GALLERY SPACE

5 posters

Go down

In progress GALLERY SPACE

Post by Nazar August 27th 2011, 9:44 pm

Forumotion has a really annoying storage system. I buy 50 MB of gallery space to use, it tells me i have 70 MB free, but when i try to get that space for my gallery, it doesn't let me add it.

So please stop ripping off your users Forumotion, THANK )O(HYHO
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: GALLERY SPACE

Post by MrMario August 27th 2011, 10:53 pm

You get 20 MB from the start, so when you bought 50 it equals 70 MB. You need to configure your storage. This isn't Forumotion fault if you aren't configure your own storage.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar August 28th 2011, 6:16 am

I do configure my storage and IT still doesnt give me the storage. I have to buy more to cover the storage I already used WHICH IS A RIPOFF !!!

YES i know the economy is tough but dang, be honest atleast
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 28th 2011, 7:05 am

I am a little lost on what you are saying?? Care to explain more?

More to cover the storage i already used? Whats that?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar August 28th 2011, 8:05 am

When I need buy more storage for the gallery, i have to pay EXTRA for to cover the Megabites of pictures I already have, then i have to pay more for the storage so i can actually use it
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 28th 2011, 2:06 pm

The storage space adds up as MrMario already said, so how can you say you have to pay up extra?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ElMuggs September 1st 2011, 6:58 am

I think i get this..

Basically your paying for server storage per month. Now normally you think that it would be something like:

20mb (free) + 50mb (upgrade) month one.
PLUS 20mb (free) + 50 mb (upgrade) month two = Total Maximum of 140mb storage after 2 months

but in reality it's more like paying for a hard drive where the amount of space doesn't go up each month. it just continues.

so instead you get:

20mb (free) + 50mb (upgrade) month one.
20mb (free) + 50mb (upgrade) month two = Total Maximum of 70mb

Hosting is paid on a flat mb rate of X amount per month where you can upload up to your set limit.

This means that say you don't pay your storage, your images will be safe but you will no longer be able to upload any extras until you've deleted some to go back below the threshold.

but vice-versa if you use up your full 70mb in month 2. you must pay to 'upgrade' your hosting again in order to upload in month 3.

This is because the images you uploaded earlier are still taking up space on forumotions servers (thus costing them money) and so they count on your account.

This is normal for all kinds of web hosting and is not ripping you off.

In addition. Some of the storage is by default set to the Attachment system.

You need to go to Adminpanel > Misc > Storage > Management and move the slider across to 0mb for attachments. This will ensure all your space goes to the gallery.
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond September 15th 2011, 4:04 pm

I just bought some credits in order to upgrade my account, but i want to ask first!

Question is...what will happen with my storage if i upgrade my storage space for example: 100mb + 20mb(free)=120mb but don't use this space storage in the first month?

For example i want to use this storage only for gallery, but i do not want to upload any picture in the gallery yet, or i want to upload up to 50mb in the first month?
What will happen with my 120mb(without using this space), or with 70mb after first month expire?

p.s.
Other options for ads, domain name and copyrights are clearly explained in Admin panel!

Bond
Bond

Male Posts : 14
Language : Serbian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 15th 2011, 6:15 pm

You buy storage and you can add time for how long. Once that time is gone you lose that space. If you aren't going to use storage and you bought storage that just a stupid idea. :/
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by ElMuggs September 16th 2011, 6:01 am

Yeah the best idea is to just wait until you've used up all your free storage before upgrading.

you'll know when it happens because it won't let you upload anything else.

Once that happens, go in and pay for the upgrade, it will be instant or near instant so there's no problem.

Depending on how many files you have you might be best doing the 50mb update at first rather then the 100mb, then see if you use it all before it expires.
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond September 16th 2011, 7:23 pm

MrMario wrote:You buy storage and you can add time for how long. Once that time is gone you lose that space. If you aren't going to use storage and you bought storage that just a stupid idea. :/

Hi there

Dear mrMario, when you buy additional space for storage your period of usage is directly linked with amount of credits which has been spent.Right? Your sentence has no sense. There is no option, for example: to buy 50mb for period of 6 months in advance!

Being admin here do not qualify you to call someone question(or idea) stupid?
Or is it the custom here? Thumb down I hope it's not!
Anyway ty for ur time.

@ElMuggs

Ty man and np i can see how much space is used and i can manage my space the way i want. thumright

Bond
Bond

Male Posts : 14
Language : Serbian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by ElMuggs September 17th 2011, 4:34 am

There is a option to buy the space in advance

You simply add the amount of space, then add the extra time you want so it doesn't expire.

For example our gallery currently has 50mb for 3 months because we have used more then the free 20mb of files. Once that's over I can then decide if it's worth the credits to extend the time again.
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Back to top Go down