The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum?

Post by Diana September 3rd 2011, 2:12 pm

https://help.forumotion.com/t94073-who-else-can-i-contact-besides-typlo-regarding-language-problems-on-my-forum#606285
This was garbaged so I'll open yet another thread.
Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum? He said he didn't trust me or something and... it's not really an issue for me but I do want the language thing get sorted and I have time to spare at the minute so if I can help I'd like to get down to business and not wait around for another year or til they find someone they trust but can't translate well enough. It's kinda lame when the problem won't be solved just because a moderator doesn't trust someone who wants to help. What kinda tests do you run on here to become trust worthy? I'm not being snarky but seriously... I contacted a mod here over a year ago and it's still not fixed. How long do we have to wait for?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum?

Post by Sanket September 3rd 2011, 3:11 pm

Mrmario, is the best person to contact to be honest. TT
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum?

Post by Diana September 3rd 2011, 3:17 pm

He said he didn't trust me so I need someone else to talk to.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 3rd 2011, 3:19 pm

I am not really sure, if there is anyone else. What language do you want to translate?

Maybe, convince MrMario about what the help you will be providing?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana September 3rd 2011, 3:53 pm

Estonian language is very poorly translated. A lot of the things are in English and some bits that are in Estonian don't make sense. Maybe it's enough for older people who know English very well but my forum is for teenage girls and they're only just starting to learn English so... Better Estonian language is crucial on my forum. Mr.Mario said my English wasn't good enough and that's why I can't do it. I don't think so, I kinda get the idea that he was belittling me cause I'm a woman.
I've seen this happen on here before, that men get helped and men help other men.
I can't see any other reason why I wouldn't be a fitting person for the job.

Plus: I've sent him several pms and he doesn't even reply anymore which means he has made his mind up about me not doing it so I'm looking for someone else to talk to.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 3rd 2011, 4:12 pm

Please, there is nothing like that. MrMario has been busy lately, with his health problems. Also, its not that men help men & create a gender difference. Its nothing of that sort.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana September 3rd 2011, 4:33 pm

I guess it just looked like it to me then Smile
I know all about health problems and I know you're all humans but I did ask about it about a year ago so ...
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 3rd 2011, 7:25 pm

Well, i will bring it to the notice of MrMario. Lets see what he says this time. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 3rd 2011, 8:18 pm

Thought I already told you, but I will say it again. This tool is very difficult to understand and its in French which does make it a little hard to understand for a while. If I recall from a PM you sent me you said you weren't that great at English which is why I'm not too supportive of this since the language you want to change is in English into Estonian. We need someone who can help translate from French, from English and other languages without a problem. I do appreciative your willing to help out, but if you really want to do this, you will need to make sure you pay attention to what you are doing and don't remove any codes from the tool as it will lead into an error and cause problems for in the forums.

Please send me an active email, url of your profile, and how many hours you can translate in a week. Once you PM this I'll let Godfather know once he returns from the office. If he doesn't approve it, that is up to him and not my call.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana September 3rd 2011, 9:45 pm

Okay, thanks. You never told me anything about the French language problem.
I'll send the information aswell.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 6th 2011, 10:09 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Who can I contact besides Mr.Mario to solve language problems on my forum? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum