The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Custome Fields/Application Forms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custome Fields/Application Forms

Post by Swede on September 4th 2011, 3:14 am

As my minectaft-server are starting to shape up, it was about time to make a forum for it. One thing that would be a HUUUGE help, would be if you could make New Thread or custom links, for exmple. A player wants to sign up to be able to play on my server. But I want him to fill in a form with some necessary information for that.

I KNOW I can add custom fields in the profile section, but I'd rather keep them as post's. Not to mention, I allso want players to be able to fill in "player complaints" forms and "Admin applications"

Swede

Male Posts : 3
Language : Swedish and English

http://valkyria.swedishforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Custome Fields/Application Forms

Post by Darkel on September 4th 2011, 3:23 am

Try this step:

Just Click the nessesary field Yes

then once you do that save it then when your member register on your forum it will appear like this:

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2186
Language : English, Tagalog

Back to top Go down

Post by Swede on September 4th 2011, 3:34 am

Thanks. But I need players to be able to fill in applications. Lets see, they caught a player red-handed stealing. So they want to report him, so I want a player to be able to go a "Player complaints" section, then fill in several fields/forms.

For example...

"Name of the player:"
"What did he do?" Stealing [X] Insulting [ ] Spamming [ ] Other [ ]
"When did this happen?: [ About 02.00 P.M ]

In cases like these, it wouldn't help that much of what information they have given in profile.

Swede

Back to top Go down

Post by Polka-Dot-Heart on September 4th 2011, 4:30 am

They can do that by reporting the post they saw the action take place. By reporting the person you as the admin will receive the report in your admin panel and you will be able to deal with the report accordingly.

To see reports go to your admin page then click the misc tab. From there click "reported abuses" You will then be shown a list.

You can also edit the report as to what he did by going to the admin panel clicking the "General Tab" scroll down, and under "reports" you'll see "Reason Management" From there you can add reasons why people would report a post (.ie Spamming, Flamming, Plagiarism, etc.)

Remember to make sure you check that reports are on, to do that go to your the admin panel, "General Tab" scroll to "reports" and click "Configuration" Change Report Status to Members.

I hope it helped.

Also many people might not want to be so open about reporting someone, so making a thread can make a person feel uncomfortable. By reporting a post only you and your moderation staff can see who reported the post.

Polka-Dot-Heart
Forumember

Female Posts : 135
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Swede on September 4th 2011, 4:36 am

Now we're actually getting close. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Will keep it open though, just in case more hints drops in.

Swede

Back to top Go down

Post by Polka-Dot-Heart on September 4th 2011, 4:40 am

Your welcome, I'm glad I could help. Also if someone for some reason should abuse the feature of reporting post you can also block them from using the feature.

Go to the "General Tab" scroll to "reports" and click "Permissions" from there you can choose between groups and single users.

Just thought I'd put that out there. huhohi

Polka-Dot-Heart
Forumember

Female Posts : 135
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum