The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transparent Help

5 posters

Go down

In progress Transparent Help

Post by Newnear September 5th 2011, 2:11 am

Re-post: It's been a few days, and i havn't got a response... Just re-posting my question, since it's a couple days old i have the feeling i will not get a reponse. Please mind the fact im pretty new to the rules of the support forums, not to sure of the rules, but I hope i can get at least some help.

1. i was wondering how to make some widgets transparent... like on this forum http://thedragonsden.forumotion.com their chatango group, and personal navigation is Transparent with their background..

2. how do i get rid of the usual navigation bar on top of the page(right under banner), this is also something that is on the Dragons Den site... and I know they probably didn't get rid of it, they probably just made it black text, and transparent...

Any help is valuable, thankyou :DD
Newnear

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Transparent Help

Post by Nera. September 5th 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi,

Please provide your forum URL for appearance problems.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Newnear September 7th 2011, 3:26 am

Nera. wrote:Hi,

Please provide your forum URL for appearance problems.

K, thank-you for responding. http://superteamhydro.forumotion.com I believe.

I tried inputting CSS codes, but none worked ( note: my CSS stylesheet is COMPLETELY empty right now, if I need a CSS code, please make it detailed, I only have knowledge of basic Html.)
Newnear

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! September 7th 2011, 4:05 am

Also, if you do not know the rules please look here.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. September 7th 2011, 11:17 am

@ Nick Please don't moderate other members, as this is reserved for staff only Wink

Newnear you have no forum widgets, what do you want to make transparent exactly?

To get rid of the navigation you can remove it from overall_header template in AP > Display > Templates > Overall_header and removing this

Code:
<li>{GENERATED_NAV_BAR}</li>

Be careful and set one first so you can actually login somwhere.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by Newnear September 7th 2011, 11:26 pm

Nera. wrote:@ Nick Please don't moderate other members, as this is reserved for staff only Wink

Newnear you have no forum widgets, what do you want to make transparent exactly?

To get rid of the navigation you can remove it from overall_header template in AP > Display > Templates > Overall_header and removing this

Code:
<li>{GENERATED_NAV_BAR}</li>

Be careful and set one first so you can actually login somwhere.

K thanks. I'll do that : ) the widgets i want to be transparent are the Chatango Group Chat and the Navigation bar I am going to work on.
Newnear

Back to top Go down

Post by Newnear September 7th 2011, 11:42 pm

! NICK ! wrote:Also, if you do not know the rules please look here.

Lol thanks.
Newnear

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy September 8th 2011, 12:08 pm

Transparent Help WarningPlease avoid double/triple posting. Posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien September 8th 2011, 1:01 pm

To make the widget transparent, go to 'modify' option of the widget and choose 'No' for 'Use a table type' option and save Very Happy
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

In progress Finishing Transparency + Text size Problem

Post by Newnear September 9th 2011, 2:37 am

ankillien wrote:To make the widget transparent, go to 'modify' option of the widget and choose 'No' for 'Use a table type' option and save Very Happy

Thanks, worked wonders, I had to remake the Group, and you can make the group transparent, you do that, then you make it not a table XD, But i still have on thing that I'm having difficulties with, When i made the Navbar Widget with Html codes, I tried changing the text size, and now it won't change, and the words overlap due to the text big size, should i make the column larger? And I have also seen the Section on the Bottom of the Screen that has the "Jump To section" be Transparent, Can you tell me what to do there Also, That is all the questions I have. Very Happy
Newnear

Back to top Go down