The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

A little complicated question....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little complicated question....

Post by rippx on September 5th 2011, 3:50 am

I basically want a guest or a member of my forum to be able to create a thread in one of my forums, however, after the thread is created, I only want that thread to be visible to myself.

Example:

I have a forum called "Apply for Admin" where people will come and create a thread in this forum, kind of like an application process, however, I only want that thread to be visible to me and nobody else.

Thanks!

rippx

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: A little complicated question....

Post by pet22 on September 5th 2011, 4:16 am

i am looking for that to but little more complicated then you are i want the thread on my forum to appears to me only and then i have to approve that thread so all people can see it

- Thanks !

pet22
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Polka-Dot-Heart on September 5th 2011, 5:07 am

@rippx wrote:I basically want a guest or a member of my forum to be able to create a thread in one of my forums, however, after the thread is created, I only want that thread to be visible to myself.

Example:

I have a forum called "Apply for Admin" where people will come and create a thread in this forum, kind of like an application process, however, I only want that thread to be visible to me and nobody else.

Thanks!
If you want them to apply to be admin they must be able to see the forum. So letting members see the forum is sort of a must, I believe. I don't think it's possible, however you might want to wait for a second or third opinion.

However you tell them to Message you the application, that way it's done discreetly.

Polka-Dot-Heart
Forumember

Female Posts : 135

Back to top Go down

hi there

Post by winnicheng on September 5th 2011, 5:33 am

Content Removed

winnicheng

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on September 5th 2011, 8:41 am

There is no way to have it where members can posts a thread and not see the section where it is posted. I would use the pm system.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on September 5th 2011, 8:52 am

Sure it's possible! Set the forum permissions so members (or guests) can create a new topic but nothing else. Then provide a link to create a new topic in that forum. When members (or guests) click on the link, they will be taken to the editor and will be able to post to that forum.

I've done this on all my forums to replace the default contact form...

Back to top Go down

Post by rippx on September 5th 2011, 5:31 pm

Thanks for the help everyone Smile. Dion when I go home, ill try it out, thanks again.

rippx

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum