The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A number of questions (disabling emails/how to show thread title on main forum index/new member 'seven day block')

2 posters

Go down

In progress A number of questions (disabling emails/how to show thread title on main forum index/new member 'seven day block')

Post by Mazz September 7th 2011, 9:10 pm

My forum is http://revival.userboard.net

The problems I'm having are:

1.) New members have been getting this error recently "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." - as far as I'm aware I've not changed anything in the Admin CP, so I don't know why it's happening all of a sudden, but is there any way to disable this?

2.) On the home page of this forum, the thread title of the last active thread is displayed with the members' username underneath it. On my forum, only the username of the last member to post in a thread is displayed - is there any way to make my forum show the thread title as well?

3.) My email inbox is getting cluttered with emails from the forum informing me every time someone has posted/made a new thread, etc. It says I'm following every thread, which is why I get emailed, and if I manually unfollow the thread it stops, but is there any way to disable automatically following every new thread?

Thank you so much for your help, I'm a bit lost. Please redirect me if I have posted this in the wrong section - I'm a bit new!
Mazz

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: A number of questions (disabling emails/how to show thread title on main forum index/new member 'seven day block')

Post by MrMario September 7th 2011, 11:00 pm

1. General // Security
3. Go to Profile // Preferences // Allow replies sent to my email // No // Save
Go Topics being watched // Click All // Click Stop watching these // Save
Users will need to do this themselves.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down