The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Css help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Css help

Post by Shea on September 13th 2011, 5:59 am

My forums have been acting up lately, whenever i add a icon in front of a user, it never works. Below is the code iam using. Also the when i try to add a glow effect
Or add a icon before a group it doesn't work.

Forums: project-perfect.forumotion.com

#fo_stat a[href="/u1"], .activeusers-box p a[href="/u1"], #chatbox a[href="/u1"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u1"], table.ipbtable td a[href="/u1"], .postprofile strong, .module a[href="/u#"] {
        background: url("http://www.upload.ee/image/1595097/developer.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        padding-left: 16px;
[code]

Shea

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Css help

Post by Guest on September 13th 2011, 6:19 am

You have two problems in your CSS. First, you're missing the ending "}" brace character in the CSS rule above. And second, you have an extraneous line of garbage in your CSS just above that CSS rule...it looks like you did a cut/paste of the background URL and failed. You need to delete that extraneous line.

Fix both of these things, and your CSS will work.

To all: THIS is why the staff asks for a forum URL! The problem with the extraneous line in the CSS would be impossible to find without looking at the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea on September 13th 2011, 6:26 am

I accidentally deleted that when i eas pasting onto here. One second i'll show you what i have.

Code:
#fo_stat a[href="/u1"], .activeusers-box p a[href="/u1"], #chatbox a[href="/u1"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u1"], table.ipbtable td a[href="/u1"], .postprofile strong, .module a[href="/u#"] {background: url("http://www.upload.ee/image/1595097/developer.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        padding-left: 16px;}

Better? If not could you do it?

EDIT: I just used JS inatead works fine now.

Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on September 13th 2011, 12:08 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved now.

Important: You can also help the moderators to know if your topic/problem is solved by EDITING your first post and marking the topic as solved. Thank you.

~ Joph25

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum