The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion)

4 posters

Go down

Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion) Empty Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion)

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 00:00

This morning, after requesting a renewing of my forum domain name (which I have had for quite a while now), I had a message waiting for me in my administration panel main screen. It says the forum doesn't respect the terms of service and is in danger of being deleted in less then 10 days. But this message also lacks details, I don't know what it is that the server wants fixed or removed. A far as I know my site has NEVER hosted illegal content, or anything that is too over the top even as represent a paranormal romance, international best selling author. I've had my forum community for over a year and this is the first complaint/problem that has ever been brought to mine and my partners attention. I've gone ahead and changed the appearance on a guess that it might have been some graphic content that caught the server attention. But again, its only a guess. Why all of the sudden do I have a problem with the server???

Someone please help! I don't want to lose my forum, my partners and I have worked too hard and too long on it. .
MistressKatishka

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion) Empty Re: Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion)

Post by MrMario September 14th 2011, 01:17

What is your forum about?
Your best bet is to read the Terms of Service
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion) Empty Re: Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion)

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 02:53

First Mario, thank you for the reply. Second, I have read over the terms of service, my partners and I all have.

Our forum represents the fan community of Author Joey W. Hill. Published, legit and growing in popularity. We've been operating for just over a year now and the content really hasn't changed much so we can't figure out what we're doing wrong now.

If it helps here is the forum addy: http://fansofjoeywhill.forumotion.com

In an effort to try and comform to the guidelines/terms of service, we recently changed the skin but before that there was another. The graphics, because the author writes erotica, were a representtation of what can be found in her writen works. We're guessng right now, or our only guess for this warning from the server, is they were a bit much. We don' know. That's why we're seeking help now
MistressKatishka

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 14th 2011, 06:27

It could be the images of the book covers:
1. sexual images
2. also the covers I believe are copyrighted

Those are some areas you mean want to reread the Terms of Service.

Need help, please! (Forum domain and threat of deletion) Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 15:33

Thanks for the tip, slg. I did as you suggested, removing the book covers an this morning my .com domain name was active again. Does this mean I'm in the clear, the problem is fixed?

Also one more thing: We have permission from the authors publishing house, who owns those covers, to use some of those book covers for this site specifically. Does that make any difference at all?
MistressKatishka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 14th 2011, 16:21

For whatever content you are posting, add the written permission from site in form of screenshot to avoid the problems in the future.

Edit: Thread is locked, don't make multiple topics about the same problem.
https://help.forumotion.com/t96791-please-help-forum-delete
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum