The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

fading images

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fading images

Post by ThornBird on September 16th 2011, 5:11 pm

Please help. I need script which make images fade when mouse is over. :/
Like on this forum: http://lttwilightersrpg.darkbb.com/

ThornBird
New Member

Posts : 20
Reputation : 1
Language : lithuanian

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Guest on September 16th 2011, 5:15 pm

Need for logo image, or another? Smile
You can use something like:
Code:

<span style="opacity: 1.0;" onmouseover="this.style.opacity=0.8;this.filters.alpha.opacity=80" onmouseout="this.style.opacity=1.0;this.filters.alpha.opacity=100"><img src="link_img" /></span>
but i want to see your answer...
Spoiler:

Your version is...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Rocker92 on September 16th 2011, 5:27 pm

What forum version are you using?
What image would you like to fade?

You gonna' need to provide a little more information before I can help you Smile

Rocker92
Forumember

Male Posts : 737
Reputation : 117
Language : English & French
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://www.code-artist.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ThornBird on September 17th 2011, 6:19 am

My version is phpbb2. I need for all images not only logo Smile

and where to put that code?

ThornBird
New Member

Posts : 20
Reputation : 1
Language : lithuanian

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Darkel on September 17th 2011, 6:21 am

@ThornBird wrote:and where to put that code?

Go to your ACP >> Display >> Colors >> CSS then put the codes there .. Wink

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2128
Reputation : 257
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ThornBird on September 17th 2011, 6:32 am

Okey. But something not work or I put in wrong place or with wrong explorer.

ThornBird
New Member

Posts : 20
Reputation : 1
Language : lithuanian

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 17th 2011, 12:19 pm

@ThornBird wrote:Okey. But something not work or I put in wrong place or with wrong explorer.

add this in your css:

Code:
img:hover {
filter: alpha(opacity=80);
moz-opacity: .80;
opacity: .80;
}

ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 19th 2011, 5:02 pm


ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 19th 2011, 5:11 pm

in CSS all images are effected however it may be done that only profile images or post images be faded

ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 19th 2011, 6:27 pm

don't know

ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by kirk on September 19th 2011, 6:38 pm

Programming Forums Admin wrote:
@ioncube wrote:in CSS all images are effected however it may be done that only profile images or post images be faded
Can you do the image transparency thing with JavaScript?

yeah there probably is, but you would have to Google it.

actually i think the css you need is more like this.

Code:

img:hover  {
  opacity: 0.8;
}
 


kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 19th 2011, 6:53 pm

@kirk wrote:
Programming Forums Admin wrote:
@ioncube wrote:in CSS all images are effected however it may be done that only profile images or post images be faded
Can you do the image transparency thing with JavaScript?

yeah there probably is, but you would have to Google it.

actually i think the css you need is more like this.

Code:

img:hover  {
  [b]opacity: 0.8;[/b]
}
 


sir Kirk I think this code will NOT work on IE:
Code:
img:hover  {
  opacity: 0.8;
}
 
[/code]

ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Empire_1 on September 19th 2011, 6:56 pm

@ThornBird wrote:Please help. I need script which make images fade when mouse is over. :/
Like on this forum: http://lttwilightersrpg.darkbb.com/

Hi,

I took a visit to your forum and it appears your code already works.

But do take note that sometimes CSS only works with certain browsers... I'm not sure if it only works for my browser (Chrome). Go back and check your code. If it only applies to one (or certain) browsers, revise the code so that it is compatible with other browsers.

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by kirk on September 19th 2011, 6:58 pm

then you must not be doing it right,
you have to remove the other you have in there.
i put it at the very bottom of my css on my test phpbb2 and it works like a charm, So be sure you remove the other hover first.

Other then that i dont see java doing it, everything i found is for rollover images and hover over but you have to add the images to the code on whats going to rolled over etc.. Plus the code i gave you above is the same one form the forum link you posted.

Other then that post your css here in code tags and i will take a look and see if i can get it to work that way.


info added

LOL OMG it dont work with IE, why dose that not surprise me,
Dont people know IE is garbage and half of the things that work on all other browsers do not work with IE.

So dunno, this day and age most people have more then one browser, i gave up long ago with trying to get things working on IE. it's a real pain. you have things that work on all other browser but not on IE.. so i just tell my members that it's not a site recommenced to be used with IE and to use a better/different browser.

But up to the forums owner what route they want to go about.
Or try to do what Empire_1 suggested, but then you are going to find your self having to do this all the time for things with IE, it's ridiculous and Microsoft better get there browser right or will get left behind... lol It's just a nightmare..

Dng IE. i should have known thats what the problem was... lol

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Ryanette on September 19th 2011, 7:14 pm

@kirk wrote:then you must not be doing it right,
you have to remove the other you have in there.
i put it at the very bottom of my css on my test phpbb2 and it works like a charm, So be sure you remove the other hover first.

Other then that i dont see java doing it, everything i found is for rollover images and hover over but you have to add the images to the code on whats going to rolled over etc.. Plus the code i gave you above is the same one form the forum link you posted.

Other then that post your css here in code tags and i will take a look and see if i can get it to work that way.


info added

LOL OMG it dont work with IE, why dose that not surprise me,
Dont people know IE is garbage and half of the things that work on all other browsers do not work with IE.

So dunno, this day and age most people have more then one browser, i gave up long ago with trying to get things working on IE. it's a real pain. you have things that work on all other browser but not on IE.. so i just tell my members that it's not a site recommenced to be used with IE and to use a better/different browser.

But up to the forums owner what route they want to go about.
Or try to do what Empire_1 suggested, but then you are going to find your self having to do this all the time for things with IE, it's ridiculous and Microsoft better get there browser right or will get left behind... lol It's just a nightmare..

Dng IE. i should have known thats what the problem was... lol
IE is a troublesome browser, I suggest people who have problems with effects of CSS3 to use a webkit browser.

Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Reputation : 2
Language : English (British)
Location : England, United Kingdom

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by Empire_1 on September 19th 2011, 7:24 pm

Internet Explorer is THE worst browser I have ever used. It's slow, lags, and is the only program to freeze on my i7 gaming laptop D:

Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Chrome are much better alternatives. Plus, these 3 browsers also visually look better too.

Maybe Forumotion should add a notification in the ACP advising IE users to use a different browser? Razz

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by ioncube on September 19th 2011, 8:02 pm


ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Reputation : 41
Language : eng
Location : Pakistan

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: fading images

Post by kirk on September 19th 2011, 8:31 pm

yeah well there is not reason to go ahead and get in a full blown discussion. People that like IE will use IE the same way as Firefox universes chrome etc.. Dion pretty much summed it up, however i am not much of a IE Fan anymore, I used to be, thats all i ever used couple years ago..

Anyway lets stay on topic to the problem on hand please.

Thanx

I will remember to try not to express to much off topic info as well.. lol
My bad.

If someone would like to pm dion and ask him if he wants to post his article/post he has on his forum in GD. i dont have a problem with it and would make for a good discussion piece in there.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum