The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible?

4 posters

Go down

Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible? Empty Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible?

Post by zer0tobackdown Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 11:27

I have a main portal page that loads when you visit the main website address, www.reviewzonehd.com and i have a forum page that can click between the portal and forum, but what im wanting to do is to create another portal page that can be redirected too using the navbar tabs at the top. I would be replacing the "groups" tab for a new tab that would redirect to a new "music' portal page, is this possible? I see the option to create a new portal page, which im able to do, but i dont see how to assign it a link address to redirect too.. like my forum is www.reviewzonehd.com/forum .. so is it possible to assign the new portal page with a link such as www.reviewzonehd.com/music ?

or can you only have one active portal at a time? If so, is there any way around this to have another page to my site?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
zer0tobackdown

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible? Empty Re: Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible?

Post by zer0tobackdown Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 7:46

anyone?
zer0tobackdown

Back to top Go down

Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible? Empty Re: Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible?

Post by wapfa Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 7:54

i have alos same ques to ask. but they didnt reply yet Confused

http://nimbuzz.heavenforum.com dis was da main domain and forum but after few days dat domain redirects

to http://nimbuzz.nice-forum.com/

how can dis possible? can any one plz explain? Confused Question
wapfa
wapfa

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwdead909 Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 8:40

If you say you have a new PORTAL already than do this.

Go to:
ADMIN PANEL>DISPLAY>HOMEPAGE>HEADERS & NAVIGATION

After your there scroll down And look for this button
Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible? D1f1fa9a6d77749c1d8370fa5a308df4

After you click it put your URL link where it says Redirection URL
dmwdead909
dmwdead909
Forumember

Male Posts : 124

http://lmc-forums.inmyclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0tobackdown Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 17:21

dmwdead909 wrote:If you say you have a new PORTAL already than do this.

Go to:

Multiple Portal redirects on the same forum? Is it possible? D1f1fa9a6d77749c1d8370fa5a308df4

i know where to put a redirection link in the nav bar buttons, and how to create/add new navbars, what i cant figure out is how to assign the new portal page with a url link.. sorry if my question wasnt more clear. I understand i could redirect to a new website or new url but i was hoping to keep all the pages of my forum inside of the forum.. so is there not a way to assign a url to the new portal page?

i guess it would be multiple portal pages active at once that you can click between. or is the only way to add pages to your forum to build them yourself on a new site and have them link back and forth between the forum and the new site?
zer0tobackdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Base Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 18:06

wapfa, do NOT hijack other people's topics! If you need help, you should stick to your own topic please. Thank you.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwdead909 Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 0:52

zer0tobackdown wrote:

Go to:

i know where to put a redirection link in the nav bar buttons, and how to create/add new navbars, what i cant figure out is how to assign the new portal page with a url link.. sorry if my question wasnt more clear. I understand i could redirect to a new website or new url but i was hoping to keep all the pages of my forum inside of the forum.. so is there not a way to assign a url to the new portal page?

i guess it would be multiple portal pages active at once that you can click between. or is the only way to add pages to your forum to build them yourself on a new site and have them link back and forth between the forum and the new site?

What do you mean just do what I said. In the Riderection Link add your new PORTAL URL there. That is what you want to do. Just make an Image that says Portal Music or something.
dmwdead909
dmwdead909
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zer0tobackdown Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 21:38

dmwdead909 wrote:
zer0tobackdown wrote:

Go to:

What do you mean just do what I said. In the Riderection Link add your new PORTAL URL there. That is what you want to do. Just make an Image that says Portal Music or something.

i dont really know how to explain it any more clearer, we seem to be talking about two seperate things here. I know how to make a nav bar button and put a url link in that button and have it redirect where-ever i tell it too, which is what your talking about. what im talking about is creating a NEW portal page and adding it to my existing site as a 3rd page. right now i have a main portal and a forum, i want a 3rd new page added, and it appears as if i can only have one active portal at a time. When i create a new portal using the admin options there doesnt appear to be any way possible to assign it a new url link. I guess just forget i asked no one seems to know the answer so i assume its just not possible, maybe the website limits you to only two active pages a forum and a portal. Bleh...
zer0tobackdown

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwdead909 Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 0:57

Why does it have to be exactly named portal. Just make a new page like how I am saying and name it portal. Whats the difference there both just 2 Pages except one is in another place.
dmwdead909
dmwdead909
Forumember

Back to top Go down