The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertisement banners

5 posters

Go down

Should the Advertisement option "Visible only for: Guests" be brought back to new forums?

Advertisement banners Left1160%Advertisement banners Right11 60% 
[ 6 ]
Advertisement banners Left1140%Advertisement banners Right11 40% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Advertisement banners Empty Advertisement banners

Post by Dom September 19th 2011, 5:13 pm

I would like to suggest that you put back the option that advertisement banners are visible only for guests. I honestly do not know why you removed it but it just makes the forum look bad. You see, not everyone can afford to pay a forum that will most likely be low on visits. You can very easy make some awesome features that members can get on their forum if they buy it, not only to get rid of those advertisements.
Dom
Forumember

Male Posts : 34
Language : Croatian, English, German

http://cssvictory.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Advertisement banners Empty Re: Advertisement banners

Post by Master Marc September 19th 2011, 5:38 pm

Think about it this way. If you're not earning enough cash from ads being displayed to guests... Wouldn't you display 'em to members? Say... You're not using free hosting by ForuMotion. Say... You're using paid hosting and the ads you insert on your page is your only income to pay for the hosting, to keep your forum, of course. Now, will you remove these ads being displayed to your members and risk not having enough money to pay for hosting ( the next month ) ?

Instead, why don't you do something about it. Learn how to earn cash online. Then, pay for ad removal once you've gotten the cash, Very good
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom September 19th 2011, 6:47 pm

Well those ads would be my last choice. There are millions ways to earn cash online. That's why I stand by my opinion posted above.
Dom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc September 19th 2011, 7:07 pm

Dom wrote:Well those ads would be my last choice. There are millions ways to earn cash online. That's why I stand by my opinion posted above.
Yet, you aren't making money online to pay for ad removal, Advertisement banners Whistle
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom September 19th 2011, 8:09 pm

I am making money in real life and because of my current financial situation and collage I can't afford to pay a monthly fee for a forum that like 15 people will visit.

There should be (and can be) other and even more features that buyers will have, not those ads.
Dom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc September 20th 2011, 3:36 pm

Dom wrote:I am making money in real life and because of my current financial situation and collage I can't afford to pay a monthly fee for a forum that like 15 people will visit.
And you don't think ForuMotion have the same issues? ( being a free host and all )

Dom wrote:There should be (and can be) other and even more features that buyers will have, not those ads.
And who's going to buy these extra "features"? Who's going to develop 'em? More importantly, who's going to pay to develop 'em?

The majority of ForuMotion users with popular forums are switching to hosting they have a control panel to.

Other forums have died, or domain expires ( eg. HideCodesGalore.org / don't know its name )

With the lost in forums and with the reduction in money, they are trying their options to see what works.
If this earns 'em more money, you have to pay to remove the ads and that's final.

Then again, I can be wrong - because they can make a mistake or just cover it up as a mistake to actually see what works.

Anyway, I'm not going to burst your bubble any further, so you can keep dreaming ( or whatever you do ) , Very good

Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by sgeorge November 26th 2011, 6:56 pm

Of Course yes !! Why did you forumotion do such a thing..? TT This is really bad... You should bring back the option for Guests Only...
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : Greek - English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mio-chan November 26th 2011, 7:13 pm

Forumotion is a for-profit company and they have every right to put ads. Plus, the "visible only to guests" is still an option that is available on forums created before a certain date.

Though, Forumotion *should* focus on other forms of revenue as well, such as *ahem* offering features we could perhaps *buy*.
Mio-chan
Mio-chan
Forumember

Male Posts : 284
Language : English, Portuguese | CSS3, HTML and learning C++

http://www.theolympiansclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 8th 2013, 6:52 am

Suggestion for your forums (section) clean up! (12/8/13)

=> Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum