The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it against the rules to do this?

2 posters

Go down

Solved Is it against the rules to do this?

Post by boswell3782 September 26th 2011, 11:33 pm

I have a forum and I would like to put a copyright on the HTML source:

Code:
<!--
©️ HTML & CSS designed by: Forumotion & (forumname) Please don't copy any HTML or website content without asking permission first!
-->

Is this allowed. If so how can I make it stand out better, I'm kind of a perfectionist.

Thanks! Smile
boswell3782
Forumember

Male Posts : 58
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is it against the rules to do this?

Post by kirk September 27th 2011, 2:55 am

i cant see adding something like this unless you truly have things copyrighted and own the rights for whatever content you may have created or are authorized to use.
Because if not then it's just fabricated and implying you own something you do not. Thus would be misleading and illegal.

Of course i am referring to any images,logos,slogans you may have created.
As far as coding goes.. CSS is CSS HTML is HTML, it's all the same language.
Sure you can create custom coding, but it's nothing more then language created for the computer to read,recognize and apply the results of whats written.

So it's very hard to actually try to put ownership on something that is a universal computer coding language. But now images, logos,music or even software you may have developed and truly own, now thats different if someone tries to use that without permissions.

Last edited by kirk on September 27th 2011, 3:02 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by boswell3782 September 27th 2011, 2:58 am

kirk wrote:i cant see adding something like this unless you truly have things copyrighted and own the rights for whatever content you may have created or are authorized to use.
Because if not then it's just fabricated and implying you own something you do not. Thus would be misleading and illegal.

Of course i am referring to any images,logos,slogans you may have created.
As far as coding goes.. CSS is CSS HTML is HTML, it's all the same language.
Sure you can create custom coding, but it's nothing more then language created for the computer to read,recognize and apply the results of whats written.

So it's very hard to actually try to put ownership on something that is a universal computer coding language. But now images, logos,music or even software you may have developed and truly own, now thats different if someone tries to use that without permissions.

Ok, I'll leave it then Smile
boswell3782
Forumember

Male Posts : 58
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 27th 2011, 3:05 am

No problem.
Sometimes things with copyrights can be very confusing, it's like you have to have a darn law degree just to have a silly forum these days... lol

Anyway.

Since the question was answered i will now mark and lock
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum