The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Admins Locked Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Admins Locked Out

Post by Koyuki Watanabe on September 28th 2011, 8:20 pm

A while back, a couple of friends and I decided to make a board together and, as sometimes happens, it eventually went dormant. Our Admin passwords were made different from the other character accounts we made because we were wary of them being hacked, but we kept them simple enough that we wouldn't forget them. Some time later, we'd thought to revamp it and we all tried logging in via our admin accounts (and tried every password we have ever used) and none of the three accounts could be logged into by either of us. BUT, we can still log into our non-admin accounts. While the other two admin no longer care to bother with this issue, I personally would like to know how this happened and if it can be fixed. It may be a dead board but it's still OUR board. If there is ever going to be a chance to revive it or completely remake it, we need to have access.

The board: http://webofblood.darkbb.com

The admin accounts: Yuki (me), China-Rose (the creator of the board), Aubrey

Koyuki Watanabe

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Admins Locked Out

Post by kirk on September 29th 2011, 3:14 am

have you tried re-sending yourself a new password to the email you cremated your account with?

Also who is the founding admin? If you are, or the person that is can still be reached then all they would have to do is log in to the forumotion utilities tool with the original email and pass the board was created with.

One in there they can go directly to the admin panel and create you guys a new temp pass to log in with then you can changed it to what you want once logged in.

But first i would try sending myself a new password via lost password option on the log in page.

Or here is the utilities tool for the creator/founder
http://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

Once again they have to log in with the original email and pass the forum was created with.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by [*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- on September 29th 2011, 4:24 am

Last edited by [*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- on September 29th 2011, 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=-

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by [*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- on September 29th 2011, 4:54 am

Sanket, is who ive been dealing with.
like I said in the post above. its not working.
I tried the founders tools.. says it modifies the website, but when I go there and try the user name and password, nothing. I get the same thing.
If I try it 3 x I get this--- you have been banned for 90 mins for to many login attempts...
So yeah its not working...

EDIT: KIRK
This is not a double post,
i was re-edited my post as new one with the quote added

[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=-

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on September 29th 2011, 4:54 am

@[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- wrote:http://elvisbunnyfarm.forumotion.com/login

I have asked 4 of your support admins to help me reset the password and send the new password to the new email.
Seeing how hotmail has delete the old one when I made the forums in the 1st place.

That seems to be hard for them.
I am starting to think that they dont know what they are doing.
I am getting annoyed as you can plainly see.

He re-asks the same question over and over. I give the same answer.
but somehow It don't get through.

If I could log into the forums. in the 1st place I wouldn't be here now would I? making this 7th post for help.

I know for a fact--- that you guys can retrieve lost passwords. I know you have a database that go's back 5 years on peoples email's as required by law since the 911 deal. So please save it.

All I want is you to reset the password {ADMINS PASSWORD} and send it to the new email... et_wolf@hotamil.com...

what is so hard about that ..Hmmmm>?

So who are you? Is this in relation to Koyuki Watanabe forums problem? NO! So why are you stepping on someone else thread? Whatever the case, if we can knock both of your problems out thats fine,But please remember it rude and disrespectful to come in and step on someone else thread. I do not know whats going on with the problem you had. I do not have access to reset passwords.

We only have two admins here so you must be referring to other managers or Mario that has access for password recovery.

Only Staff members Sanket, Joph25, Mrmario and The Godfather have access to reset/send you a new pass. So i would try one of the managers first, because any pm to admin would have to be forward as a last resort.

@[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- wrote:

Sanket, is who ive been dealing with.
like I said in the post above. its not working.
I tried the founders tools.. says it modifies the website, but when I go there and try the user name and password, nothing. I get the same thing.
If I try it 3 x I get this--- you have been banned for 90 mins for to many login attempts...
So yeah its not working...
Info added

And this is a re-set pass sanket has sent you.
Then he might have made a mistake and have to do it again.
Have you tried to pm him? If he is the one you spoken to then you are better off
continuing to do so and get the problem resolved, Once again i do not have access to do it nor do i know what you and sanket have spoken about.

However i will send him a pm as well to this thread to make him aware that there may have been a mistake?

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by [*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- on September 29th 2011, 5:07 am

If this post has reentered in to someone else post as you say>
please help Koyuki Watanabe out..
I dont know who he is. nor did I realize that this post entered into his.
thread. not my fault your redirect brought me in this thread.
But if It happens again. Ill let you know asap.

[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=-

Back to top Go down

Post by [*O]GODSENT -={EB}=- on September 29th 2011, 5:10 am

he hasn't done anything as far as resending a password goes.
I just get the same question written a different way.
I check my email and the email here for the password and or user name thing.

[*O]GODSENT -={EB}=-

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyuki Watanabe on September 29th 2011, 5:02 pm

...Well now I know what the pm was about.

Anyway, none of us can re-send/retrieve our passwords on our admin accounts. Somehow it was set up so that admin can't do that (as I said, we were concerned about hacking since we were being hassled by members of a site we'd decided to leave, so I'm guessing the head admin made that particular judgment call). I'll try to get him to go to the utilities page and see how that works out. Thank you for the advice, I'll post again once we figure out either way whether or not it works, that way you can close the thread if need be. As for Godsent, while I do realize your posting in my thread was an accident, I would very much appreciate it if you could please put any future posts regarding your issue in another thread so as to prevent confusion. Thank you.

Koyuki Watanabe

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by lobosoll on September 29th 2011, 10:19 pm

well ive got same prob going round in circles i deleted board now they say i can visit the board again and the passwords ive changed no end im the sole admin and founder and carnt even get in my own board but the members can please help my board addy is as follows -http://neonappz.forumotion.co.uk

o and if it helps can somebody here from admin then delete it all together i no longer want to have the forum or board running i carnt do it myself cus i carnt log in and get in the ACP

lobosoll
Forumember

Male Posts : 58

http://neonappz.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum