The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracking Down My Old Forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved Tracking Down My Old Forum

Post by FLEET September 28th 2011, 8:38 pm

Hi its been a while. I used to have a good forum here and when i didnt pay for the domain name it just forwarded me and my members to godaddys website. I was wondering if it was possible to track down my old forum? Or are they just deleted.

Thanks
FLEET

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Tracking Down My Old Forum

Post by kirk September 28th 2011, 11:06 pm

what you mean you dint renew your domain name and it redirecting to go daddy?

I would say log in to forumotion utilities,then go directly to your admin panel and change the link to a forumotion sub-domain.

https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 29th 2011, 3:26 pm

Yea i payed to have my own domain address. As well as take off all advertisements for my members. I changed my password so many times i cant remember what the forum creation password was.
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 September 29th 2011, 4:11 pm

FLEET wrote:Hi its been a while. I used to have a good forum here and when i didnt pay for the domain name it just forwarded me and my members to godaddys website. I was wondering if it was possible to track down my old forum? Or are they just deleted.

Thanks
If you forgot your founding email/password, here's a suggestion:
Try searching for specific content on your forum on a search engine. Be as specific as possible as it will give you the best possible results. Keep trying and if one topic doesn't work after multiple attempts, try a different one. If you can remember things that were specifically on your forum it will help. Even searching for some of your member's usernames may yield results. Smile
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 29th 2011, 11:57 pm

I would like to know why peoples forums are not going back to the original sub-domain the forum was created with when someone dose not renew their forums domain?

Whats your forum address that you are using and getting redirected to go daddy, I can almost guaranty, that the time for your renewal has not yet expired and thats why it's going to go daddy and dint switch back to the sub-domain yet???

This is just an assumption and i do not know if this is the case or not?
But OK,Like the time passed for you to renew it on forumotion, And now go daddy still wants you to buy it and added extra time for your to renew it..So to me it seems until that time passes your forum will keep redirecting to go daddy until you change your forums address to a forumotion sub domain address in your acp???,

And now since you do not know your password to log into utilities, you cant even get into the admin panel to change back to a sub-domain.

I am not sure if this is what go daddy is doing or not?
(but seems rather odd that it's not switching back to the sub-domain link), I have seen this happen to a few others in the last couple weeks as well,

Anyway please post your link. because i have to see if the go daddy page has a message at the top of page the same way someone else with the same problem had the other day.

Empire_1 wrote:
FLEET wrote:Hi its been a while. I used to have a good forum here and when i didnt pay for the domain name it just forwarded me and my members to godaddys website. I was wondering if it was possible to track down my old forum? Or are they just deleted.

Thanks
Try searching for specific content on your forum on a search engine. Be as specific as possible as it will give you the best possible results. Keep trying and if one topic doesn't work after multiple attempts, try a different one. If you can remember things that were specifically on your forum it will help. Even searching for some of your member's user names may yield results. Smile

Not a bad idea Empire_1, But i dont think it matters what link it would be on the forum. It's most likely just going to redirect to go daddy the same way because it's still under the domain.

Like i said i am just guessing, and will ask godfather or Mario if this is the case.
I think there are additional directions instructions in your ACP for if you do not renew you domain.. but i cant remember????
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 30th 2011, 2:17 pm

Yea the forum domain i used was Fleetcom1.com. I had a couple backup subdomains that were saved on my desktop but that computer broke down a while back. I wish i could just give my email account and see if a mod or admin member could look it up and locate the backup subdomain.
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 30th 2011, 2:18 pm

Empire_1 wrote:

Thanks
Try searching for specific content on your forum on a search engine. Be as specific as possible as it will give you the best possible results. Keep trying and if one topic doesn't work after multiple attempts, try a different one. If you can remember things that were specifically on your forum it will help. Even searching for some of your member's usernames may yield results. Smile

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill start googling some of the members with unusual names that i remember.
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 30th 2011, 2:24 pm

Wow i actually found a paypal slip that had my subdomain listed on it. I have located my forum. However i get this message when i request new password.

The security 'Disallow admin to send new password' is active in Admin Panel > General Admin > Security

Heres the forum.
http://therealm.aforumfree.com/
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 30th 2011, 2:45 pm

Super happy about this. I can even access my admin panel now. I have a stupid question though. I have it set so that i have to approve any new member registrations. I have forgotten where or how to change that in the admin panel. Its not under security settings. I would like to make it so new members are automatically approved.
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 September 30th 2011, 2:54 pm

FLEET wrote:Super happy about this. I can even access my admin panel now. I have a stupid question though. I have it set so that i have to approve any new member registrations. I have forgotten where or how to change that in the admin panel. Its not under security settings. I would like to make it so new members are automatically approved.

Try looking under the User & Usergroups tab
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEET September 30th 2011, 2:59 pm

Boom. Automatic activation set. You rock Empire. Thanks for the help.

SportsFightClub.com domain on order. Time to rally the troops via email.
FLEET

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 30th 2011, 3:58 pm

Ok glad you found it.
You may want to change the setting to allow admin to send new pass in case you ever forget your pass and can send your self one.

still dose not answer the question about what the whole go dyad thing is about, but you found your forum so good enough for me Smile

Other then that all seems solved now, so i will mark and lock the thread.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down