The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Alignment Issues + Run-on Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alignment Issues + Run-on Issues

Post by ℋunni on October 1st 2011, 4:35 am

Site: http://paperthin-hymn.nstars.org/
Running: Invision

Question!
I'm not sure why, but I need a code that will prevent the sentences inside the boxes from running on 'til the end of the Announcement Box. When I first put up it code, it was working fine because I had placed the "width: 202px;" inside. Now the sentence is running on Sad Also, for the "headers", I'd like for them to be parallel to each other (Weather Bar next to Announcements Bar next to Staff Bar)!

Last edited by ℋunni on October 1st 2011, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed "Running" mode.)

ℋunni
Forumember

Female Posts : 150
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Alignment Issues + Run-on Issues

Post by Legolover-361 on October 1st 2011, 4:59 am

Do you still have the "width:202px;" CSS coding? If so, did you add any other coding that might interfere? For example, setting "width:202px;" for a class but not adding the class to the appropriate tags will mean the width is skewered.

Also, as to having the images parallel -- you should probably use CSS to set up three columns, then add the images and text to the various columns.

Legolover-361
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : English, XHTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by ℋunni on October 1st 2011, 5:29 am

Yeah, I have coding as

Code:
<div style="width: 202px; height: 14px; background-color: #7e9c35; font-family:century gothic; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: center; border-bottom: 1px dotted #FFF;">WEATHER</div><div style="padding-bottom: 5px;"></div><div style="width: 202px;"><div style="text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 9px; color: Black;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vehicula, erat eget varius tempus, velit lacus euismod tortor, ac placerat nibh felis vulputate orci. Sed vitae est eget urna lobortis ultrices. ♥</div></div><center><div style="width: 390px; height: 14px; background-color: #7e9c35; font-family:century gothic; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: center; border-bottom: 1px dotted #FFF;">ANNOUNCEMENTS</div><div style="padding-bottom: 5px;"></div><div style="width: 390px;"><div style="text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 9px; color: Black;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vehicula, erat eget varius tempus, velit lacus euismod tortor, ac placerat nibh felis vulputate orci. Sed vitae est eget urna lobortis ultrices. ♥</div></div></center><div align="right"><div style="width: 202px; height: 14px; background-color: #7e9c35; font-family:century gothic; font-size: 10px; color: #FFFFFF; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: center; border-bottom: 1px dotted #FFF;">STAFF</div><div style="padding-bottom: 5px;"></div><div style="width: 202px;"><div style="text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 9px; color: Black;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vehicula, erat eget varius tempus, velit lacus euismod tortor, ac placerat nibh felis vulputate orci. Sed vitae est eget urna lobortis ultrices. ♥</div></div></div>

As for keeping the bars parallel, I'm not sure on how to set up a CSS for it :\

ℋunni
Forumember

Female Posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on October 1st 2011, 6:01 am

I just wanted to say that your forum was is not Invisionfree but just Invision.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ℋunni on October 1st 2011, 6:02 am

Oh, alright, thank you. Fixed haha.

ℋunni