The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it.

3 posters

Go down

Solved Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it.

Post by ℋunni October 1st 2011, 11:02 am

Site: http://paperthin-hymn.nstars.org/
Running: Invision

Question!
I have the CSS written down, as well as the HTML for it, I just need to know where I can place my Navigation bar so it's directly above the banner/site itself. I would also like to take off the Navigation Bar beneath my banner (in exchange for the one I coded). The X in the image what I'd like deleted and the Check marks where I'd like the new navigation to go.

Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it. IWyXV
ℋunni
ℋunni
Forumember

Female Posts : 150
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it.

Post by LGforum October 1st 2011, 2:50 pm

To get rid of your current navbar put in the css
Code:

#submenu {
display: none;
}

And then to add a navbar at the top then add this to a javascript file:

Code:

$(function() {
$('#top').prepend(' YOUR HTML HERE ');
});

Let me know how it goes Wink
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it.

Post by ℋunni October 1st 2011, 6:57 pm

Both work perfectly (: <3!

Is there any way to designate only certain tabs to show for certain groups, like Register only for guests, Admin Panel only for Administration, just like the native navbar?
ℋunni
ℋunni
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum October 2nd 2011, 12:14 am

There is but it requires a bit more than just a little script here. If your interested you can PM me your forum adress and a test account, to look at your board with.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by ℋunni October 4th 2011, 5:40 am

Solved (:
ℋunni
ℋunni
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 4th 2011, 6:11 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Adding the Navigation bar above the Banner and deleting the one beneath it. 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum