The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE

3 posters

Go down

fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE Empty fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE

Post by WOWDONATIONS October 2nd 2011, 4:51 pm

THIS IS MY FORUMOTION http://wowpetsocietygroup.forumotion.com/f3-trading-threads PHPBB3

WE JUST HAD A FORUM WITH PHPBB3. WE HAD A PLACE WHEN SOMEONE COMMENTED ON YOUR THREAD IN THE FOURM YOU WOULD GET A FB NOTIFICATION.

THIS WAS STRAIGHT PHPBB3 FORUM. NOT THROUGH FOURMOTION. I DONT KNOW HOW IT WAS DONE SINCE I DID NOT CREATE MY OTHER FORUM. I LIKE FORUMOTION SINCE ITS MORE USER FRIENDLY. BUT WANT TO GET FB NOTIFICATIONS LIKE I DID ON MY OLD SCHOOL FORUM... WHERE CAN I DO AND WHERE CAN I GO?

MY PAGE IS LINKED THROUGH FB SO I NEED MY FB MEMBERS ON MY FORUM TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHEN SOMEONE RESPONDS TO THEN INSTEAD OF JUST RELOADING THE PAGE. HELP?
bwi
WOWDONATIONS

Language : Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE Empty Re: fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE

Post by WeezyFBaby October 2nd 2011, 5:02 pm

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/#plugins

Try this Smile

Its a social plugin for your website i dont know if it can be linked directly to your facebook but its worth a try Smile

-Weezy
WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE Empty Re: fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE

Post by MrMario October 2nd 2011, 5:06 pm

fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE ChartupPlease stop with the caps! It's not needed here and many users avoid messages like this. If you want help you need to stop with the caps.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by WOWDONATIONS October 2nd 2011, 5:18 pm

MrMario wrote:
fACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUMOTION PAGE ChartupPlease stop with the caps! It's not needed here and many users avoid messages like this. If you want help you need to stop with the caps.

sorry. not intentional. my kids play with my computer. 2 year old twins my bad.
WOWDONATIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by WOWDONATIONS October 2nd 2011, 5:20 pm

WeezyFBaby wrote:https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/#plugins

Try this Smile

Its a social plugin for your website i dont know if it can be linked directly to your facebook but its worth a try Smile

-Weezy

thank you. where would i put this in my forum though? html section or in the create a new widget section
WOWDONATIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by WeezyFBaby October 2nd 2011, 5:52 pm

It doesn't matter It can either go , Widgets, HTML, Or Homepage. Smile

Your welcome.

-Weezy
WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 2nd 2011, 7:31 pm

You can set up your forumotion phpBB3 board to post those same notifications, but it's nowhere near as simple as adding a social plugin. You need to thoroughly read the page in the above link, because you must authenticate the user, then request and receive the necessary permission to post a notification. Once you receive the permission, you can then call FB.api() to post the notification.

You can also do things like post to a member's Facebook wall when they "like" a post on your board, and notify the member's friends that the member is registered on your board. But don't ask me how to do it, it's up to you to read the Facebook Developer documentation and figure it out yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeezyFBaby October 2nd 2011, 10:21 pm

dion wrote:You can set up your forumotion phpBB3 board to post those same notifications, but it's nowhere near as simple as adding a social plugin. You need to thoroughly read the page in the above link, because you must authenticate the user, then request and receive the necessary permission to post a notification. Once you receive the permission, you can then call FB.api() to post the notification.

You can also do things like post to a member's Facebook wall when they "like" a post on your board, and notify the member's friends that the member is registered on your board. But don't ask me how to do it, it's up to you to read the Facebook Developer documentation and figure it out yourself.

Close to what i was saying, But yeah Smile
WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
Forumember

Back to top Go down