The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain transfer/redirect

4 posters

Go down

Domain transfer/redirect Empty Domain transfer/redirect

Post by bsousa October 2nd 2011, 10:44 pm

Hello,i bought a domain from you.And now i have a different forum,using SMF.I wish to transfer or atleast make the domain redirect to my new forums.

I saw the thread saying that transfes were not possible in june,july and august.Since we are in september i presume that no longer apply.

thanks in advance
bsousa

Male Posts : 11
Language : Portuguese,English,French

Back to top Go down

Domain transfer/redirect Empty Re: Domain transfer/redirect

Post by abdoo13 October 2nd 2011, 10:47 pm

Possible to clarify more
abdoo13

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by bsousa October 2nd 2011, 10:49 pm

I bought a domain.

I got a new forum with SMF software.

I want the domain that i bought at forummotion to redirect to my new forums,if a transfer is still not possible.
bsousa

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc October 2nd 2011, 11:00 pm

From : https://help.forumotion.com/t91477-domain-names-transfers-are-suspended-temporarily

The Godfather wrote:In order to reorganize the support forum, and to investigate on the causes and consequences of domains transfers on our services, we have decided to temporarily suspend outgoing domains transfers.

Therefore, no transfer request will be accepted for the months of June, July or August.
Read everything and forget the last part. The reason why you want the domain transfer code or to redirect the domain is one of the reasons why this is taking place. Sure, Typlo is gone and people might assume this is the reason why there are no more domain transfers, but how quickly can you get someone to replace him if you really needed a guy for the job? ( of course, you might not find a guy with the requirements, if the pay isn't good.. )

Also, if the results turns out negatively, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop offering domain transfers..

Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by bsousa October 2nd 2011, 11:07 pm

Well,i paid for something,and its not stated anywhere when we buy a domain,that we cant transfer it.

I hope that nobody give the same answer given to another member with the same problem("No transfer,end of conversation"),becouse thats not athe type of answer expected from the staff.

I paid for the domain.So i should be able to do with it whatever i desire.Since its not stated when we buy it that we cant.

So,now i ask,if i decide to close my forummotion forum,i would lose my domain(wich i paid for)?Couse that(also) is not written anywhere.

I would like to see this matter solved.

bsousa

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc October 2nd 2011, 11:14 pm

bsousa wrote:I hope that nobody give the same answer given to another member with the same problem("No transfer,end of conversation"),becouse thats not athe type of answer expected from the staff.
Well, I said my part.

Here's a forum administrator's response today in this topic.

And quote :

MrMario wrote:Domain can't be transferred to your account currently. Domains transfers are suspended till further notice.
I guess that's the end of the topic. Am I wrong? Domain transfer/redirect Whistle
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by bsousa October 2nd 2011, 11:29 pm

Well i will wait a reply from a Staff member ...

Code:
Please be advised that NO hosting company can stop you from transferring your domain or changing hosting providers, they cannot hold your domain hostage or you to rand some in anyway.

...but i hope this is solved
bsousa

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 2nd 2011, 11:38 pm

That is the confirmation. Till someone from Forumotion changes that, no domain can be transferred.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by bsousa October 2nd 2011, 11:41 pm

MrMario wrote:That is the confirmation. Till someone from Forumotion changes that, no domain can be transferred.

MrMario

Please be advised that NO hosting company can stop you from transferring your domain or changing hosting providers, they cannot hold your domain hostage or you to rand some in anyway.

you also can read this for +info...http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appf-com-16apr01.htm

Like i quoted above,you cant deny a transfer.The domain is propriety of the buyer,in this case me.
If this cant be solved in a friendly way,i will contact the legal team of the Company i wish to move to.
bsousa

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 2nd 2011, 11:44 pm

Ok do what you need to as I said they won't be transfers. Also note I don't have a decision over this I just follow what I've been told.

=> Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum