The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

omg I thought I was doomed.... please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved omg I thought I was doomed.... please help

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 12:24 am

I searched the faq and found the correct forum for my problem. HOwever,it is locked.

I am having the same problem trying to file a complaint the legal complaint where you must have a screenshot.
I have a screenshot in a few of the correct formats. However, I copy it,and each time I go to paste it, the paste option is grayed out. I am at a loss. Can anyone please help, or direct me to help. I have spent all day trying to get it in paint, then get it in softrware I downloaded. Now I have it in a few areas but can't get it in the complaint form.
thanks

pleasehelpmenow

Female Posts : 12
Language : english

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: omg I thought I was doomed.... please help

Post by MrMario on October 10th 2011, 2:25 am

Hello,

This would be a computer problem that we aren't able to help.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 2:56 am

How do you figure it to be a computer problem?

I have never had problems copying and pasting photos before, or uploading video for that matter. Or copying and pasting anything. Uploading files, etc. attachments to emails. etc.

I have taken the screen shot, saved it. Could it be too big? I can't fathom what kind of computer problem?

There are no moderators doign their jobs on a forum; consequently things are so out of hand. I would really be grateful for some help. If there is another way to file a complaint, I am definitely open to it.

pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on October 10th 2011, 3:43 am

The only way to file a complaint is to use the Ligitation form.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 4:28 am

I am happy to do so. I think I filled out that form a half dozen times. I am having a problem along the way doing a screen shot. Oh, I got the screen shot, a number of them, legible, I saved in various formats they allow: jpg, gif, ping. For some reason, it is not copying.

Now, there is not a problem with the copy and paste function of my computer, because I've copied and pasted other things to test it. I also have uploaded no problem etc. What I have narrowed down to, is I think, I am not saving the screen shot properly and am now asking for help from the software people. I have paint, but I have never done a screen shot before. I should have learned so I wouldn't be under so much pressure and desperation trying to get this done.

I can't fathom how there so little support to help because moderators are supposed to be there to moderate, prevent cyber bullying, not be partisan. It should not matter who they like or don't, it's a matter of professionalism forums are not there for people with axes to grind, so rather than just make my complaint and let the powers that be deal with it, I am struggling with this.
I am grateful if anyone has a little heart and somesuggedstios.
I have searched your faq, and I found the forum that addresses problems of not getting screen shots, but it is locked. I cannot PM any of those people I am too new and not permitted to.
This forum is my only hope.
Thanks in advance anyone who would offer some help.

pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 on October 10th 2011, 4:35 am

@pleasehelpmenow wrote:
I am happy to do so. I think I filled out that form a half dozen times. I am having a problem along the way doing a screen shot. Oh, I got the screen shot, a number of them, legible, I saved in various formats they allow: jpg, gif, ping. For some reason, it is not copying.

Now, there is not a problem with the copy and paste function of my computer, because I've copied and pasted other things to test it. I also have uploaded no problem etc. What I have narrowed down to, is I think, I am not saving the screen shot properly and am now asking for help from the software people. I have paint, but I have never done a screen shot before. I should have learned so I wouldn't be under so much pressure and desperation trying to get this done.

I can't fathom how there so little support to help because moderators are supposed to be there to moderate, prevent cyber bullying, not be partisan. It should not matter who they like or don't, it's a matter of professionalism forums are not there for people with axes to grind, so rather than just make my complaint and let the powers that be deal with it, I am struggling with this.
I am grateful if anyone has a little heart and somesuggedstios.
I have searched your faq, and I found the forum that addresses problems of not getting screen shots, but it is locked. I cannot PM any of those people I am too new and not permitted to.
This forum is my only hope.
Thanks in advance anyone who would offer some help.

Hi, you need 2 posts to be able to send PM, which you have already.

In any case, if you are unable to take a screenshot for some reason because of your computer, please send me a PM and I will assist you in taking the screenshot Wink

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 4:54 am

I have sent you a PM. I am most grateful for your offer and want to avail myself of it.

Thank you again.

pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on October 10th 2011, 7:54 am

Have you tried to file the complaint using a different browser?
Also make sure the image you upload and link you are trying to past is a direct image link, i have never heard of anyone having a problem pasting the link in there, but do know it has to be a direct image link or it will not go through. So please be sure to use a direct link, and also try on another browser as well.

Oh also what image host are you uploading it to?
Because imageshack no longer offered direct links unless you have premium account.
So you have to take the direct link out of the bbcode forum code...
Or if you upload more then one image, it will then give you the direct links for free as well.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved oookay

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 1:35 pm

@kirk wrote:Have you tried to file the complaint using a different browser?
Also make sure the image you upload and link you are trying to past is a direct image link, i have never heard of anyone having a problem pasting the link in there, but do know it has to be a direct image link or it will not go through. So please be sure to use a direct link, and also try on another browser as well.

Oh also what image host are you uploading it to?
Because imageshack no longer offered direct links unless you have premium account.
So you have to take the direct link out of the bbcode forum code...
Or if you upload more then one image, it will then give you the direct links for free as well.

Hello and thanks.
Yes I can try with firefox. But, this is new to me. I have the screen shots themselves, a few I took, in a folder of the software I used. I was not loadign it to any image hosting. Do I need to do that? I have image hosting I can use. Good grief! I just need to upload to image hosting, then get the link from there? Ah. I had no idea.
I thought I created the screen shot, and saved it. Then copied and pasted. So, I am missing a middle part?
I googled *taking screen shots* but maybe I should have studied how to upload them.

It is one image, but I'm a bit lost. I am so sorry you are dealing with such a novice with screenshots. I put the file in paint and then tried to save, like you would a word document, which is what the online instructions said. But, it wasn't saving, not at least that I could see. I have other software and have asked them how to save into a way I can upload. now I'm kind of getting it: I have to upload it to image hosting, then use that link for the form. Right?

OR (and this is a stupid question) but where do I find the direct link out of the bb code forum code? Or I can definitely upload more than one screen shot image. What do you think is faster and

Captain! I can't ge the engines to go any faster!!! She's gonna blow!

thank you very much for your help I will get there I thank you and any clarification I thank you again in advance

pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow on October 10th 2011, 6:54 pm

I did it!

Let me thank each and all of you for your help. I did not know that, like a photo, I needed to upload the screen shot to image hosting. I do have that, and did upload it, and get the url and (fingers crossed) it is acceptable. The complaint went over. Cyber bullying is harmful no matter who is doing it and moderators need to moderate. I hope the screen shot file is not too small, not too big but my complaint when over.

Now it is up to the powers that be.

Thank you all. I learned more computer stuff doing this. Not a bad deal!
Captain the engines are running smooth LOL!

good week to all,

GMT

pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on October 10th 2011, 7:39 pm

Ok cool glad you got the straightened out. Smile

Since the question was answered and problem now appears to be solved.
I will mark and lock the post.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum