The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a Domain Transfer

2 posters

Go down

Solved Need a Domain Transfer

Post by Trumpetrhapsody October 10th 2011, 3:17 pm

I've posted in these following threads:

https://help.forumotion.com/t85811-domain-transfer-code
https://help.forumotion.com/t79465-need-domain-transferred

And sent a PM to Typlo back in Februrary, as per the instructions, to get my domain transferred. Never heard back, and now I've had to renew again.

Now when I try to sent PM's to Typlo it says he is not able to receive them. Is there no one here that can help me? This isn't a complicated request.
Trumpetrhapsody

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Need a Domain Transfer

Post by The Godfather October 10th 2011, 4:16 pm

Hello,

In order to reorganize the support forum, and to investigate on the causes and consequences of domains transfers on our services, we have decided to temporarily suspend outgoing domains transfers.

Please read this announcement

Therefore, no transfer request will be accepted for the moment.

We apologize for the inconvenience

Cordially
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trumpetrhapsody October 10th 2011, 4:19 pm

Ok that's even more unhelpful...

I started this process back when you WERE doing domain transfers.

I don't even use Forumotion anymore, I host my own forum. This means I have to redirect my domain to another host in the first place. Why should I have to keep paying yall to renew my domain name... especially when you guys don't give any kind of renewal reminder... and get the rude awakening of my domain being taken down, having to log in here and buy credits, and over-pay for my stinking domain.

What's more... if I wait and try to buy it myself, it would have to be down for the stupid 40 day Go-Daddy bid process, and someone could snatch my domain.

In order to reorganize the support forum, and to investigate on the causes and consequences of domains transfers on our services, we have decided to temporarily suspend outgoing domains transfers.
I can read through the BS here. What this means is you don't want people to stop paying you to buy their domain names for them. There are no repercussions to transferring a domain name other than you not getting your cut out of it anymore.

How about you guys man up and give me my domain name like you should have months ago.
Trumpetrhapsody

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather October 10th 2011, 4:30 pm

especially when you guys don't give any kind of renewal reminder..

Each forum ho have a domain name receives a warning of the approach of the domainexpiry 60 days before it expires! you could not miss it ...

know that the transfer is just a service we gives and is not an obligation, this service is currently suspended.

what Typlo or another staff member said or otherwise does not bind the responsibility of forumotion. Currently, you have applied for the domain renewal, so in all cases it is not transferable to the next 3 months under the laws of ICANN...

when we will open the transfers we will annouce it.

thank you
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down