The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

posting inaccurate information, how to stop it? Can it be stopped?

4 posters

Go down

Solved posting inaccurate information, how to stop it? Can it be stopped?

Post by pleasehelpmenow October 13th 2011, 3:17 pm

Greetings:

Thanks in advance to all and any help and advice.

There is member in the forum who plays fast & loose with the facts. She posted recently that there was a forum "owner" who had toyed with the idea of "charging" new members a fee.

To understand this: the context is that she and a few have been very inhospitable to new members. My understanding of reading about these forums is that they are free to create one. Yes well all see ads but of course I imagine they go to support the forums.

This was posted by a person who also constantly changes her i.d. There are supposed to be moderators but honestly can't be found. One modertor just co-opted the moderator posting i.d. and 1) failed to stop/lock get post back onto the topic 2) helped her malicious friend and said nothing about this misinformation.

Unfortunately, not everyone will read the faq posted on the forum, nor will a newcomer understand these are forums that are under the rules of forumotion.com.

What is the best way to address this misinformation formally? She said the "owner" makes so "little money" on the ads, has a lot of work maintaining the ads on the forum and has considered "charging" newbies a fee to join.

This person who posts this is a problem. I want to address that in another appropriate post.

As a forum member, I took a screenshot of her post. Then I addressed it and put in the link to www.forumotion.com for people to read themselves what the facts are and just said her post was not accurate.

I want to report it because this forum is in real need of honorable moderators who won't allow buddies to just coopt a moderator i.d. which is what happened. I don't know how she pulled that off, but obviously I don't have the technical smarts to know how.

Is the best way to fill out the litigation form?

Is there a quicker way?

This post is a second one that went over the line, in my mind. She and three chums imposed an arbitrary post rule on new comers before they could get access to important source information in the library for all to use. They are hostile to newbies. (I have been there for a year and I experienced this too, now I'm undesirable because I will respond to their questions) The one person I know of has changed her i.d. no fewer than four times reinventing herself to make people think she is someone else. The motivation is not to help the forum, either. Sorry this is so long. I would be grateful to hear ideas on the best way to address this, and try to make it so she can't chronically change i.d. and return pretending to be someone else.

Moderators don't moderate.

thanks again for your patience and assistance.
G
pleasehelpmenow

Female Posts : 12
Language : english

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: posting inaccurate information, how to stop it? Can it be stopped?

Post by Base October 13th 2011, 9:03 pm

Hi, if you have a problem with a forum then please consider sending a litigation report. However, only will only be taken if there is sufficient proof that the forum is breaking the terms of service. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow October 14th 2011, 2:56 pm

I see that is the only way. And yes the TOS is violated. There is a TOS, and it seems one moderator has never read it, just installed herself. I think claiming someone owns the forum is clear in its inaccuracy.
Thanks I took more screenshots and thank you for all your help.

Last edited by pleasehelpmenow on October 14th 2011, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo,word omitted)
pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow October 14th 2011, 5:22 pm

OK, this is a real stupid technical question.

You know where you get the email for the link to validate the ligitation complaint form? I have validated them as soon as the email came over.

I looked at the email again and just to be sure clicked "validate" but this time I got a message "impossible to validate this complaint." Is that because it has already been validated or because there is a problem? Thank you in advance.
pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 14th 2011, 7:20 pm

right if you already clicked the link to be verified then it will not verify it's self again.

pleasehelpmenow,
Double posting back to back within a 24 hour period is prohibited on FM support,Next time please wait for a reply or add any additional information to your previous post via the post edit button, Thank you
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by pleasehelpmenow October 14th 2011, 7:26 pm

thank you again.
pleasehelpmenow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 14th 2011, 8:42 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
posting inaccurate information, how to stop it? Can it be stopped? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum