The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin problem

5 posters

Go down

Solved Admin problem

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 12:33 am

OK So I removed a admin, as the Admin account. Seconds later it makes him admin again, so I remove him again and take away cbox powers. It won't let me remove him from Chatbox moderator... What's happening?
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Admin problem

Post by Tilum October 17th 2011, 12:36 am

Try removing them from the admin panel chatbox moderation list.

Are you sure you're not using a dummy admin group?

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 12:39 am

Yeah, I checked that first because that's how I normally remove chatbox moderators. He doesn't appear their either. So I tried the chat command, that didn't work either. The last thing I checked was right clicking his name and the command didn't appear either.

He can also demote other chatbox moderators too, even if they are Global Moderators too. It keeps adding him back as admin a couple minutes later, its not me or anyone else. And I don't use a dummy group, I use the real admin group.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 12:56 am

(I apologize for double post)

So we tried temporarily banning him, and unbanning him. It says that you can't ban administrators or moderators. We've removed him from administrator, but the system re-adds him like every 10 minutes or so, and he has admin panel access despite being removed from admin. It also won't let us remove him from chatbox moderator.

(Just a update/summary)
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 1:44 am

OK I admin'ed another user (Who I trust) because he thought he could fix it. He couldn't so I removed him from administrators. Now I can't remove him from the chat moderators group either.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 1:56 am

(Sorry for quad post, also a update)

The same user I admin'ed in the previous post, I removed him and he can still access the admin panel. I trust him so he's not doing anything, but he can edit the site and such. I can't even fix this as head administrator.

If anyone has any info on how to fix this, please say so.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ultimate Warrior October 17th 2011, 2:17 am

Yeah, I can vouch for that. I'm the user that tried helping. Apparently, neither me or the other user can truly be removed from administrator access.

We're not in the Admin group, but we still have access to the Admin panel and any administrative activities can be done by us both. Anything can be edited by me, in other words.

We cannot be removed from chatbox moderators and neither of us show up on the list of moderators. We also don't show up as Admins on the forum, but in the Admin panel --> Users and Groups --> Special users, the other user and I still show up as Admins.

Can anybody help us out with this?
The Ultimate Warrior
The Ultimate Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 4:34 am

Thank you for vouching The Ultimate Warrior.

Yeah it hasn't been re-adding people as administrators anymore, but under special users they are administrators.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 October 17th 2011, 4:45 am

Nuchiha101 wrote:Thank you for vouching The Ultimate Warrior.

Yeah it hasn't been re-adding people as administrators anymore, but under special users they are administrators.

Hi,

Are you the founder of that forum? If you're not the founder, you might not have the power to remove other admins.

And also...
May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours. Please use the edit button) Wink
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 4:50 am

I greatly apologize, I should've used it. Is it too late to edit the posts as one big one and have the rest deleted?

Yes, I am the founder. I went on the Admin account, removed the users and they are still admins in Special Users. They still have access to the admin panel despite not being in the admin group. Occasionally it'll add them back as admins automatically for some reason.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 October 17th 2011, 4:57 am

I greatly apologize, I should've used it. Is it too late to edit the posts as one big one and have the rest deleted?
No you can't edit it now, but it'll be fine if you don't do it again Wink

Yes, I am the founder. I went on the Admin account, removed the users and they are still admins in Special Users. They still have access to the admin panel despite not being in the admin group. Occasionally it'll add them back as admins automatically for some reason.

Could it be that another administrator is adding them back to the administrator group?

And could you please explain the way you removed them?
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 5:08 am

I went into the admin group and removed them manually. He was the only other administrator.

I admin'ed another user who I trust which was Ultimate Warrior over there, he wanted to see if he could fix it. He couldn't so I removed him and he was still a admin in special users and could access the admin panel. Same thing with the other old admin.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 October 17th 2011, 5:15 am

Nuchiha101 wrote:I went into the admin group and removed them manually. He was the only other administrator.

I admin'ed another user who I trust which was Ultimate Warrior over there, he wanted to see if he could fix it. He couldn't so I removed him and he was still a admin in special users and could access the admin panel. Same thing with the other old admin.

How did you remove the admins?

Did you remove them through the moderator control panel
example: https://help.forumotion.com/g40-forumotion-managers

Or did you remove them via the admin panel?

Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuchiha101 October 17th 2011, 5:19 am

I removed them by going to the usergroup, checking their names and removing them there.

Anyways, problem solved, I did it via admin panel. They weren't appearing in the usergroup, but were in the admin panel.

Thanks for the help Empire, you solved it. Turns out it was the Admin Panel.
Nuchiha101
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 17th 2011, 6:53 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Admin problem 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum