The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED

4 posters

Go down

Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED Empty Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED

Post by ali-phant Sat 29 Oct - 14:15

Hi please can someone advise me how to alter the text on the "send" button to read "post" instead, thanks Alison

Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED Screenshot1

Last edited by ali-phant on Wed 2 Nov - 19:02; edited 1 time in total
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Female Posts : 27
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED Empty Re: Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED

Post by Mike Sat 29 Oct - 16:58

Edit this part of the CSS in PHPBB2:

Code:
a.button1, a.button2, button.button2, input.button1, input.button2 { }
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED Empty Re: Change the text in the "send" button to "post" for eg in post replies SOLVED

Post by ali-phant Sat 29 Oct - 18:01

Hi, please could you explain this a little further? I am unsure where to find this code to edit it. Thanks, Alison
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by FrozenX Sat 29 Oct - 18:13

@Drgoba921

You can't change, text using CSS, you can only change it's style, so that's not going to work, the only soultion i could come up with is, using javascript to censor the work "send" to "post" but that would happen every time, there is a word "Send"
FrozenX
FrozenX
Forumember

Male Posts : 69
Language : English, Dutch

http://www.lordslegends.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ali-phant Sat 29 Oct - 18:18

Ok, thanks for that advice. I'll have to live with the "send" button lol.

Thankyou for your time.

Solved, thanks
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum Sat 29 Oct - 18:25

It can be changed through javascript. But there is no point adding another script to your forum and slightly increasing loading times just for this tiny little insignificant change.

If you really want it, i'll have a look and give you it.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ali-phant Sat 29 Oct - 19:23

Thanks but i'll live with the send button. Thankyou though for your kind offer of help.
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Sat 29 Oct - 19:34

No problem, sorry my solution didn't work.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum Sun 30 Oct - 0:48

Good choice Wink
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down