The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain.

4 posters

Go down

Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain. Empty Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain.

Post by Superfatcatnine October 29th 2011, 9:50 pm

Hi! I have noticed that the Java Scripts on a forum i administer are not working. This has happened after we have purchased a custom domain. They we're working up until that day so i suspect it has something to do with it. I tired the same code on a different forum i administer and it works fine. So i was wondering, Is it temporary, Or is it serious?
Superfatcatnine
Superfatcatnine
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain. Empty Re: Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain.

Post by SLGray October 29th 2011, 10:01 pm

Does the Java Script have the address of the forum in it? If it does, did someone edit the code for the domain address?

Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain. Empty Re: Java Scripts Not working after purchase of custom domain.

Post by Superfatcatnine October 29th 2011, 10:14 pm

slg wrote:Does the Java Script have the address of the forum in it? If it does, did someone edit the code for the domain address?
I have edited the code to the new address. And it is still not working. I have also deleted then resubmited it. Which to, Did not work.
Superfatcatnine
Superfatcatnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfatcatnine October 30th 2011, 9:18 pm

BUMP. This really bothering me because we we're so used to the codes.
Superfatcatnine
Superfatcatnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum October 31st 2011, 12:04 am

You have copyrighted code on your forum with the copyright notices removed or changed. So i definitely won't be helping.

I hope after reading this, nobody else will either.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfatcatnine October 31st 2011, 12:31 am

LGforum wrote:You have copyrighted code on your forum with the copyright notices removed or changed. So i definitely won't be helping.

I hope after reading this, nobody else will either.
I actually just currently removed them. I just wanted to see if it it would work. I'll add them. I don't want to Take credit for something i didn't do.
Superfatcatnine
Superfatcatnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 31st 2011, 2:47 am

I'd appreciate it if you put the FULL copyright notices back. Thank you.

(And FYI, you have an error in your script file, no doubt caused by your combining several scripts into one. I'd suggest separating them into their individual scripts, make sure they all work, and then combine-them one-by-one.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfatcatnine October 31st 2011, 4:02 am

dion wrote:I'd appreciate it if you put the FULL copyright notices back. Thank you.

(And FYI, you have an error in your script file, no doubt caused by your combining several scripts into one. I'd suggest separating them into their individual scripts, make sure they all work, and then combine-them one-by-one.)
I didn't Combine Them. Another admin could of done that. It worked though! Thanks! Smile (And i'll put the full Notices Back. As soon as i find them.)
Superfatcatnine
Superfatcatnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum October 31st 2011, 4:23 am

And MAKE SURE they all work. Very important.

As it seems forumotion have began to combine our scripts into one automatically now. From what i have seen in a few places now.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 1st 2011, 7:03 pm

Superfatcatnine wrote:(And i'll put the full Notices Back. As soon as i find them.)
Every notice can be found where you found the scripts. So no excuses, OK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Megatron November 17th 2011, 6:35 pm

Java Scripts Not working !!!

Code:
<!-- required snowstorm JS, default behaviour -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="snowstorm.js"></script>

<!-- now, we'll customize the snowStorm object -->
<script type="text/javascript">
snowStorm.snowColor = '#99ccff'; // blue-ish snow!?
snowStorm.flakesMaxActive = 96;  // show more snow on screen at once
snowStorm.useTwinkleEffect = true; // let the snow flicker in and out of view
</script>
Megatron
Megatron

Male Posts : 6
Language : hungarian

http://hiperzone.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum