The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email Deletion

3 posters

Go down

Email Deletion Empty Email Deletion

Post by Sleepyyawn October 31st 2011, 2:07 am

Gmail has notified me that they're going to terminate my email soon. This email happens to be the one I use for multiple forums that I am on (I'm pretty sure that I use it for this one too, though I am not positive). I tried changing my email on these forums but I have to verify it on both accounts, with Google being the nice people they are won't let me access the soon-to-be deleted. I am curious if this will affect my accounts on Forumotion? And if so, is there a way I can change it?
Sleepyyawn

Male Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Email Deletion Empty Re: Email Deletion

Post by Sanket October 31st 2011, 5:35 am

You can make a request on the specific forums to change the email address to something else.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Email Deletion Empty Re: Email Deletion

Post by kirk October 31st 2011, 8:38 am

I would just create new emails using yahoo or soothing like that.
Then change your email to your new address, and then go to your forum utilities and change it there as well.

But the only time a deleted email account will effect your forum is if a email is sent for something you have to confirm, because the email account would no longer be active you would have no way to confirm anything sent to that email.
But other then that your forum will still function .. So i would create new emails then add them to your various forums. Also be sure to write down the original email and pass you used to create the forum with, sometimes that would be the only way to login to your utilities, unless you change everything when you are logged in to utilities.

Anyway why is gmail deleted the account, i thought that was free like yahoo,live or hotmail
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down