The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

troublesome member

3 posters

Go down

In progress troublesome member

Post by alicia November 3rd 2011, 10:07 pm

We have been having a problem with a member on my forum. This member is now lurking and reading posts but not taking part and this is making some other members uncomfortable.

Are there any specific rules of forum etiquette regarding this that I could post?
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: troublesome member

Post by kirk November 3rd 2011, 11:23 pm

You have options in your Admin panel under user options to send a message for people that may not log in or participating in posting for any amount of time as you would like to set it, So may be set that for 30 or more days and they will be notified that they are not active on the forum and if the continue to stay inactive their accounts will be deleted.

Other then that it's up to the forums owner, admin or staff what to do.
warn him, ban him or delete the account.. It' up to you, we do not run peoples forums we just help with tech support, So how you want to go about handling any members actions on your forum is yours and your staffs decisions.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia November 5th 2011, 9:27 am

Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to see if there were any specific rules regarding lurking that I could use in dealing with this person.

As there are not we will deal with it as we see fit.

Thank you for replying.
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base November 5th 2011, 10:48 am

Yes, lurking is something we can't really do anything about. After all, whilst it may be uncomfortable, they are not really 'breaking' any rules as such. Is this problem solved? Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum