The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How to remove or change the number of the posts visible in Topic Review Section?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How to remove or change the number of the posts visible in Topic Review Section?

Post by Deo on November 8th 2011, 3:08 pm

Hello all, Forumotion team!

I wonder if it's possible to change the number or deactivate all the posts (I think that by default one sees the 5 latest posts in the topic when in "preview" / post reply mode) visible underneath posting area. These posts are situated in the so called "Topic Review" Section under the posting area and they do appear when you press preview button / post reply button and while you create/customize your message.
Is there a way to disable/deactivate and/or change the number of these "topic review" posts? The version is phpbb3.
Hereinafter is a screenshot to further clarify.

Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,
Deo

Last edited by Deo on November 9th 2011, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deo

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to remove or change the number of the posts visible in Topic Review Section?

Post by Sanket on November 9th 2011, 10:18 am

I doubt you can change that.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to remove or change the number of the posts visible in Topic Review Section?

Post by Deo on November 9th 2011, 4:00 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply, Sanket.
The reason for this inquiry is due to the fact that if there are images in the posts (i.e. in the topic review section there are posts with images) - once one hits preview button (the issue occurs only when preview button is hit, with the "post reply" it is ok) - the whole website hangs:( Other than that everything works flawlessly and preview f(x) works properly if there are no images in the other posts in the topic you post in.
Anyway, if it's currently not possible to deactivate or limit the posts in the topic review section, is there a way, however, to:
1/ disable/ hide images in the topics in the topic review section while in preview mode
2/ disable/ hide the very preview function button (in quick reply mode and in post reply mode respectively) - perhaps with java script or CSS coding of some kind?

Last edited by Deo on November 10th 2011, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Deo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 9th 2011, 8:21 pm

The following CSS will hide images in posts in the Topic Review area on a phpBB3 board:

Code:
.corners-top+.postbody .content img {display: none;}
But that may not solve your problem. The Image Resize "feature" on forumotion boards is buggy and VERY resource-intensive. I bet if you disable Image Resize, your problem will go away without the need to hide images.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deo on November 10th 2011, 8:53 am

Great solution Dion! It truly did the trick, thank you for sharing.
Obviously the forumotion resize f(x) appeared to cause the buggy issue and once I disabled it - it all went back to normal! Furthermore, I fixed the resizing disability using the folowing code:

Code:
.postbody .content img { max-width: 300px; max-height: 200px;  }

Deo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on November 10th 2011, 9:25 am

Since this thread is marked solved, I will archive this thread.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum