The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

"Look who's popular!" Photobucket image replaced my forum background [RESOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved "Look who's popular!" Photobucket image replaced my forum background [RESOLVED]

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 7:49 pm

I made this forum about 3 days ago, and I check it today to see this:

http://8bshforums.tk

Photobucket stock images has replaced my background and some other images telling me that "image exceeds bandwidth with too many views".

My forum doesn't even get a lot of views.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? All help is appreciated.

Last edited by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

8BitDiggler

Language : Spring Hill, Florida

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Look who's popular!" Photobucket image replaced my forum background [RESOLVED]

Post by incredible_fear on November 8th 2011, 7:55 pm

Sorry, we can't do anything. You must go Pro to get rid of bandwidth problem.

incredible_fear
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1582
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: "Look who's popular!" Photobucket image replaced my forum background [RESOLVED]

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 7:58 pm

@incredible_fear wrote:Sorry, we can't do anything. You must go Pro to get rid of bandwidth problem.
That's horrible.

So that's just it. I spent days b'dazzling my website with custom images trying to get it just right.

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by incredible_fear on November 8th 2011, 8:01 pm

@8BitDiggler wrote:
That's horrible.

So that's just it. I spent days b'dazzling my website with custom images trying to get it just right.
You can upload the images to other servers.

incredible_fear
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 8:03 pm

@incredible_fear wrote:
@8BitDiggler wrote:
That's horrible.

You can upload the images to other servers.
So if I re-upload every image onto another image storing website, everything will look the way it's supposed to? Or will my bandwidth be exceeded once again due to a certain amount of activity on my Forum?

Edit:
Still, all the images I upload are very very small, I don't understand why I'm given so little storage space. It's just the banner and the icons that I've uploaded.

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by incredible_fear on November 8th 2011, 8:08 pm

@8BitDiggler wrote:
So if I re-upload every image onto another image storing website, everything will look the way it's supposed to? Or will my bandwidth be exceeded once again due to a certain amount of activity on my Forum?
Yes, it will look fine. Smile
Don't know about the bandwidth, it depend on the site you upload them.

incredible_fear
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 8:09 pm

Alright cool, thank you for your time, although I have one more question. How long after I've re-uploaded the images to a different server will I see it change back? (roughly)

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by incredible_fear on November 8th 2011, 8:13 pm

@8BitDiggler wrote:Alright cool, thank you for your time, although I have one more question. How long after I've re-uploaded the images to a different server will I see it change back? (roughly)
From the time you changes them.

incredible_fear
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 8:15 pm

Thanks, I'll try what you said.

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 9:53 pm

Alright, after re-uploading every image file and trying them out to see if they displayed correctly (4 different times with 4 different image hosting websites) the problem still persists. I also went to my servimg.com website and deleted every image file I've uploaded to my website.

Also my website now has major loading issues

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on November 8th 2011, 10:10 pm

Hi,

If the image is still appearing, then you haven't your links in the CSS or Pictures.
Admin panel >> General > Pics management.
If you can't update all the links there, simply click on the Colours > Css. and find & Update the links.

Im sorry but this is the only way to do it.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BitDiggler on November 8th 2011, 10:23 pm

Ah, yes, I looked further into it and found a solution online. What I did to fix my problem was I went to the Admin panel> Display> Colors> CSS and I deleted all of the Photobucket links.

This seemed to fix the loading problem and the background problem.

Thank you guys so much for your time. The simplicity of this website really made a mark on me and I thought it would have been a shame if I had to take my services elsewhere.

I'm now strongly considering going premium.

8BitDiggler

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on November 8th 2011, 11:27 pm

Solved => Locked

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum